Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0342 + no run....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0342 + no run....

yesterday the car up and decided it no longer wants to run (ie: 11AM it cranked and ran........5PM it cranked but never "fired"....)......didn't touch anything.....

I started checking around and noticed a P0342 code (camshaft position sensor circuit low input)......so I cranked on it some more and noticed that ever once and a while I would get a pop like the spark plug had fired but out of phase........

so to me, this (the no run/spark plug fires at wrong time) points to either the crankshaft or camshaft sensor being bad.........

since I am getting a tach signal (both my autometer tach and the scanner show ~100-150 RPMs moving) as I crank, that the fire cycle seems out of phase, and then add the fact that I actually have a code for the camshaft sensor...........

sounds like a camshaft sensor right?

I checked the voltage on the sensor harness (12.2volts across the plug....computer is grounding/working/not burnt) and checked all fuses......any other things I might want to look at before I go to the parts deparment?

anyone else have a sensor like this just up and die?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me, The same thing is happening to my car.

Did you find the cause????
Old 07-02-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Cam sensor is the most likely. COULD also be in the wiring or possibly the PCM. Take it to a respected dealer, pay for a diagnosis, then decide if you want them to fix it or tackle it yourself. Don't waste time throwing parts at it. Anytime you do a cam/crank sensor, I think you need to do a crank relearn procedure.

Last edited by jmilz28; 07-02-2005 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: P0342 + no run....