Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

owner of LT1 has a big hole in his face!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default owner of LT1 has a big hole in his face!!

So i recently got a 99TAM6 and i was chatting with a friend that works at exxon and this kid walks up and asked me if i wanted smoked on a monday(it was friday)i asked what he had he said 95 TA conv. AUTO...i asked what mods he said corsa exhaust pulleys and 373...i was like sure whatever...i caught up to him on monday night and he follow me to the local bidge in my town about 1/2mile long...i did have 3 ppl with me and he had no one so i stop...and i just pointed to the other side and he took off...i gave him about 1 1/2 or 2 before i even took off...i hit the rev limiter in 2nd cause i was goin to wave as i went bye him ..but anyway i got hime by 2 cars before i shut it down..then he we stop to chat at the gas station and he said he didnt get traction so i said well we will have to roll next time since your car has so much power....so i caught up with him 2 night ago and we roll the turn on the bridge and i wait for him to punch it and then i punch it and murder him again...then i chuck a U turn and go back and he yelled i was on the phone man....its a ****** auto...what more do u have to do other than hit the gas...anyway that kid is a big ****-nut
Old 06-05-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he shoulda bought a civic with all the excuses he has....he would fit in the ricer crowd very nicely.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99TA6SPD
So i recently got a 99TAM6 and i was chatting with a friend that works at exxon and this kid walks up and asked me if i wanted smoked on a monday(it was friday)i asked what he had he said 95 TA conv. AUTO...i asked what mods he said corsa exhaust pulleys and 373...i was like sure whatever...i caught up to him on monday night and he follow me to the local bidge in my town about 1/2mile long...i did have 3 ppl with me and he had no one so i stop...and i just pointed to the other side and he took off...i gave him about 1 1/2 or 2 before i even took off...i hit the rev limiter in 2nd cause i was goin to wave as i went bye him ..but anyway i got hime by 2 cars before i shut it down..then he we stop to chat at the gas station and he said he didnt get traction so i said well we will have to roll next time since your car has so much power....so i caught up with him 2 night ago and we roll the turn on the bridge and i wait for him to punch it and then i punch it and murder him again...then i chuck a U turn and go back and he yelled i was on the phone man....its a ****** auto...what more do u have to do other than hit the gas...anyway that kid is a big ****-nut
first off, I want to point out the fact that you are ignorant about automatic cars, and seem to automatically think a stick is better. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Unless you practice a whole lot, an auto will smoke you in shifting. And when you start running 11's, you will WANT an auto. With a stall an auto is every bit as, and more effective in some situations than, a stick. Just because it's an auto, does not mean it sucks. The 4L60E is a very good transmission. It is NOT a mustang auto.

Also you seem to think that because it is an LT1, it is slow. I know LOTS of LT1s that would smoke your ***.

But other than that, good kill and he sounds like a tool.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That was a nightmare to read.

You only beat a light bolt on LT1 by two cars?

Just wait 'til you run into a A4 LS1 with a 4,000 stall converter. You'll re-think your position on automatic transmissions.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:47 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Impressive knowledge.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by unit213

Just wait 'til you run into a A4 LS1 with a 4,000 stall converter. You'll re-think your position on automatic transmissions.
Dont forget he just got this car, so he might be not very well at shifting, and he might be stock, so that could justify the 2 car lenghts on a bolt on LT1, mind you, some LT1's ran 13's easily STOCK.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Majority of the old muscle cars are automatic......and there are plenty of mods out there for automatic cars. Also in the 1st generation supras.....automatics are way better....perfect shifting.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

that kids a dumbass
Old 06-05-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well that was hard to read, but nice kill.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6T/A98
Dont forget he just got this car, so he might be not very well at shifting, and he might be stock, so that could justify the 2 car lenghts on a bolt on LT1, mind you, some LT1's ran 13's easily STOCK.
I hear ya, but for "putting a hole in a kid's face" you'd think the margin of victory would be a little more than 2 cars. He was a missed shift away from a loss.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Launching!

yeah I know a guy in a silverado 5.3 who thinks I wont beat him by more then 2 cars/

"I have an LS1 in my truck" "I got an auto and my auto shifts just as fast as you can shift" = a tool.

I cant stand ppl like that.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 25thAnnivTransAm
first off, I want to point out the fact that you are ignorant about automatic cars, and seem to automatically think a stick is better. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Unless you practice a whole lot, an auto will smoke you in shifting. And when you start running 11's, you will WANT an auto. With a stall an auto is every bit as, and more effective in some situations than, a stick. Just because it's an auto, does not mean it sucks. The 4L60E is a very good transmission. It is NOT a mustang auto.

Also you seem to think that because it is an LT1, it is slow. I know LOTS of LT1s that would smoke your ***.

Dude wasnt putting down auto car on my Thread....just putting down the kid who think his light bolt on car and beat my stock LS1..my bad wasnt clear on my ****..I know when LT1 came out they were the the best **** just like the LS1 came out...i just couldnt believe he thought he could whip my ***...i didnt havea prob with the auto or LT1 just the kid
Old 06-05-2005, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Don't **** with a properly set up auto. I get a lot of kills this way, since many think they're slow. They find out the hard way. I don't know if its me or not, but there are no small amount of people with ricer mentalities that are getting cheap LT1s and LS1s, and don't know there proper place in the food chain(or how to properly mod).
Old 06-05-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think he meant that since the kid's car was an automatic, the fact that he was on the phone shouldn't have affected how his car performed.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

I have an A/4 ya good for 1/4... but the same car i spank in the 1/4 spanks my fucken *** on the highway
Old 06-06-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

uhh, what are you rambling on about?? The kid, although not the best story teller, was simply making the point that the fact that he guy was on the phone (the guy who he raced gave this excuse) should not have affecting the race outcome. Where in there does he put down auto's??
Old 06-06-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by unit213

Did you miss the part where he said he had THREE passengers, and the other guy was all alone, plus he gave the guy 1 1/2 - 2 head start and on top of that he hit the rev limiter in second? Unless the other 3 passengers were infants I'd say he did pretty good catching up and putting 2 cars on him by 1/2 mile with his bone stock LS1 vs a mild bolt-on LT1.

My purpose isn't to try and defend this kid, I am not crazy about the way he posts either but you guys should actually read what's typed before bashing
Old 06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

I did read what he wrote, perhaps I took it the wrong way, and maybe I'm really defensive about auto's and LT1s

"...So i recently got a 99TAM6 and i was chatting with a friend that works at exxon and this kid walks up and asked me if i wanted smoked on a monday(it was friday)i asked what he had he said 95 TA conv. AUTO...i asked what mods he said corsa exhaust pulleys and 373...i was like sure whatever...i caught up to him on monday night and he follow me to the local bidge in my tow...."

seemed to me him pointing that out made it seem like having an auto is a bad thing. But like i said, maybe im just defensive.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
...My purpose isn't to try and defend this kid, I am not crazy about the way he posts either but you guys should actually read what's typed before bashing

but....but.....that might require a little-used, little-known skill called.....reading comprehension....

it didn't sound to me like he was bashing the auto (when he typed "AUTO" in all caps) to me, more like he was just pointing out the fact that it was an auto, to set it up for the following statement:

Originally Posted by 99TA6SPD
...then i chuck a U turn and go back and he yelled i was on the phone man....its a ****** auto...what more do u have to do other than hit the gas...
i swear, some people need to let the words they've just read bounce around in their brain cavity a few times to ponder all the possible meanings of what the intent behind those words actually was, before they automatically assume that the intent was to bash someone for what they drive, as opposed to bashing them for their attitude about what they drive instead. i guess some people just need it s.p.e.l.l.e.d. o.u.t. for them.....

and i don't guess it actually occurred to anyone that the thread's title could have meant that the kid had a big mouth, i.e., "a big hole in his face"?

oh well, win some/lose some.....next please
Old 06-06-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

I did read what he wrote, perhaps I took it the wrong way, and maybe I'm really defensive about auto's and LT1s

"...So i recently got a 99TAM6 and i was chatting with a friend that works at exxon and this kid walks up and asked me if i wanted smoked on a monday(it was friday)i asked what he had he said 95 TA conv. AUTO...i asked what mods he said corsa exhaust pulleys and 373...i was like sure whatever...i caught up to him on monday night and he follow me to the local bidge in my tow...."

seemed to me him pointing that out made it seem like having an auto is a bad thing. But like i said, maybe im just defensive.
We need more people like you to defend the LT1's, because everyone always bashes on them, but the LT1 is still strong in my book