Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radar and Subs

Old 06-05-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Radar and Subs

Hey, I was wondering what a good Radar Detector would be for the price that you guys all use? Also I want to put one 10" sub in my T/A, the only problem is that I have T-Tops, and I have no clue where to put it with the box, because the well is for the T-tops and i want to be able to take them off so that space cannot be used, any ideas, thanks.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the Sterio and Electronics forum. https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics-19/

They make sub boxes for T-top cars. They can be placed in either the drivers side or passenger side, where the spare tire is. subthump.com is a popular choice box, but it cost about $120 for the box alone.

As for radar detector, I wouldn't use anything other than the Valentine One. It costs about $430 with tax.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

although this is in the wrong forum, ill cut u some slack. for a really good detector, check in the sponsor sales and GP section for a GP on radars from DinoZ. i got a passport 8500 X50 for ALOT less than what they normaly sell for, and ALOT less than a V1. its also very close to the V1 as far as performance. with the subs, i also recommend subthump.com. i have one of their boxes with a Kicker 10L7 in the driver side hole in the hatch. for amp mounting, they also have an amp rack for the back hatch wall.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Teching In

definitely go for a passport 8500 X50. I have one and it fits nicely above the rear view mirror on the pass. side and hardwired through the ceiling with a simple telephone cord.

Search this Thread