Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Alright it happened DSM vs Me 2000 SS finally!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alright it happened DSM vs Me 2000 SS finally!!!

Okay so the race I kept asking you guys about finally occurred about an hour ago. I gave him his wish and decided that we would go from a roll. (for those of you who haven't read my previous thread its a eclipse GS-T with a greddy turbo and intercooler that says he has around the same power as me) My 2000 SS M6 is basically stock other than HPPIII, short stick, and the free ram air mod. He and his girlfriend boasted that they could beat me and I always took that as a joke which insulted him. So back to the race, on the way to the highway where we were going to race I warmed up my tires real nice to insure a good hook up... we were at about 25 and he honked thrice times and I popped the clutch at about 4500 rpm's and my car hooked up awesome...his front was right at my door and when I hit third he kept up a little on me (he was probably in fourth) but once I got to the point where I was to shift into 4th I had a good 2.5 car lengths on him and pulled to about 4.5-5 car lengths on him at about 120 and then kept pulling till i stopped at 135 mph!!!! I won !!!! he put up a good fight... but not good enough........ I still don't know the specs on his car though so we can only speculate.... please hold your applause
Old 06-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Teching In

DAMNIT!!!! You left out the best part about killing a cocky bastard...........................HIS REACTION!!!! Oh yea, congrats
Old 06-06-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! sorry my bad dirty !!!! after I slowed down he didn't want to go again but he did give me a thumbs up, which I though was pretty cool of him to do because we aren't on the best of terms and oh course he was like "thats faster than I thought" and I was like "yours is too" but really wanted to say " I won BITCH" but I refrained myself and left it at that and then he gave me the thumbs up and we parted ways !! there now you happy
Old 06-06-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! sorry my bad dirty !!!! after I slowed down he didn't want to go again but he did give me a thumbs up, which I though was pretty cool of him to do because we aren't on the best of terms and oh course he was like "thats faster than I thought" and I was like "yours is too" but really wanted to say " I won BITCH" but I refrained myself and left it at that and then he gave me the thumbs up and we parted ways !! there now you happy
That's respectable at least, no gay excuses, "ohh my 3rd cylinder aint working well" Nice kill man!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6T/A98
That's respectable at least, no gay excuses, "ohh my 3rd cylinder aint working well" Nice kill man!

I lost because I'm low on blinker fluid.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

right on man. mod up a little and really burry him next time otherwise he might do the same to you.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

don't worry cam and headers on the way...should be done by mid July
Old 06-06-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There ya go. Which st. louis are you in?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I take it you meant where and not which, sunset hills it is sort of south countyish.....more west if you wiil where is grandview? sounds close
Old 06-07-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I take it you meant where and not which, sunset hills it is sort of south countyish.....more west if you wiil where is grandview? sounds close
Which and where, there is another St. Louis in indiana. Grandview is a suburb of Kansas City. After I get my cam and stall in (july/august) we'll have to meet up some time.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

uh oh a little competition KCamaro... I am in St. Louis MO I accept your challenge, but don't go home crying to KC after I hand you your ***....just kidding that would be a good little race
Old 06-07-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definently all in good fun. I was going to go to the track tomorrow and see what she ran with my new QTPs, unfortunately I have to work now and cant. Oh well just more money so I can get cammed that much quicker.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Banned

Great kill I can't to race this stock one here in town he's so f*cking fast he got STICKERS gst .....
Old 06-08-2005, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like the guy was full of BS on his mods, probably only a 16g turbo with a horrible tune. He got owned thats for sure.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

so you made them feel stupid, and brought them back to reality. good job At least they werer cool about it. Gotta give them respect for that.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great kill I can't to race this stock one here in town he's so f*cking fast he got STICKERS gst
yeah the one I raced didn't have stickers so you might be in trouble...definately see what kind of stickers they are...if it says "NOS" it will probably run high 8's
Old 06-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

yeah the one I raced didn't have stickers so you might be in trouble...definately see what kind of stickers they are...if it says "NOS" it will probably run high 8's
yah, big wings and graphics are good for low 8s
Old 06-08-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by orange01z28
yah, big wings and graphics are good for low 8s
havent seen you around wuts up,

CHASESS
I've raced a few of those dsm's modded like the one you did, but they are not all that fast.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:15 AM
Launching!

Good race, sounds like his g/f was all BS though. If DSMs are done right they are extremely fast. Although he had a huge advantage on you chasess. You all went from a roll-off. AWD is a nice match for the LS1, but this guy was FWD. You wouldve demolished him off the line.

I am very surprised though. Maybe he cant shift, or chase you are an excellent shifter, cuz i have a couple of friends with stock ls1s, and we've beaten them with our lightly modified laser rs. The laser was awd, and it was a close race. This other guy probably bought his car off ebay, and doesn't know what hes doing....lol You should hook up with him chase and help him out. His car has huge potential. Anyways great kill and good sportsmanship. Peace
Old 06-10-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the props........ but your right I should help him out (help him sell his eclipse for an LS1) just kidding