PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tired of my fake cam at startup!

Old 06-07-2005, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tired of my fake cam at startup!

Here's the deal. Billiumss is my tuner, but I'd also like to learn more about tuning my own car especially since he's getting busier with tuning other people's cars.

Anyways. When I start my car up cold, it idles like it has a .600 lift solid roller cam in it, for about 10-30 seconds. During this time, my A/F is entirely too rich and the car smells the same way. When started after the engine is warm, it does the same thing and sometimes dies. I have to give it throttle for a few seconds about 50% of the time to keep it running, the rest of the time is struggles for about 10-20 seconds.

What can I change in LS1 Edit to compensate for this? I *think* it does this due to running extremely rich at startup and bogs down really bad. I know one problem in the last round of major tuning was trying to dial in those damned 50lb injectors. We got those pretty close, but the car picked up the starting problem afterwards.

Do I attack the injector offset tables or the VE tables? Is there something I'm missing?

Mods in sig. Thanks
Old 06-07-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are your fuel trims at idle? If they're off you probably need some ve tuning, maybe maf tuning too. Does the problem change when your fuel trim cell changes from 20 to 19? If so you may also need to lean out the Open loop F/A vs ECT/MAP table. Also, what do your IAC counts look like at idle? IAC isn't related to fueling, but it can make your car idle bad.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything that P Mack said is right. I would further suspect it is the Open loop F/A table more then anything if you say it only happens on startup and the car smells like ****. I would first check the IAC counts at a full idle to see if they are between 30-60 and if they are, I would try and take out about 5% on the Open Loop table up to 120*
Old 06-08-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Buy SVO 42lb and be done with it!!!

It's the type/brand of injector he is using. The person he bought them from had trouble getting them tuned right also.

It has to do with the Injector Offset table. If you don't get that table from the injector manufacture, your just shooting in the dark to get it right.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

I don't wanna go through the injector tuning **** again, Bill. The car being down = sucks :p

I'm coming back home for a day this weekend to Zaino the car for the Roby show since I'll be getting back for good the night before. Wanna come over and look at my tables? Band-aid the **** for now
Old 06-08-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

We'll see, I'm dyno tuning a few cars this Saturday.

List your brand of injectors on here, maybe someone can help us...
Old 06-08-2005, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Alright.

Delphi 50lb injectors using the SVO injector offset table...

Search this Thread