Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 WS6 M6 vs 00 formula M6

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 02 WS6 M6 vs 00 formula M6

So I met this guy last week with a 00 formula firebird m6. He stopped by my house yesterday and had me do the radio shack skip shift eliminator. I told him we would have to get together for a run sometime. He said how bout now? I told him to come back after the playoffs go off.

So he shows up and we head out to the spot. His tires were pretty worn, so we went from a 2nd gear low rpm roll. My buddy was at the finish about a 1/4 down the road. We hit it at the same time, I slowly pull in 2nd, powershift to 3rd, and at the top of 3rd I was about 1-1 1/2 cars up, 6k is approaching and somehow I managed to grind it, he catches back up, I find 4th and start to pull again and we cross the line with my front tire just ahead of his front clip.

Damnit I had to screw up that was looking like a 2 car or better win til that. Awesome run though, and super cool guy. I would have liked to went again but the people around there are dicks and the cops seem to head out there soon after we're back at the house, so I didn't want to take the chance, but we're gonna get together again very soon, and go from a dig when he gets his new tires mounted up.

Time to flush out the black ink I call clutch fluid and see if that helps my high rpm powershifting.