Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFT's + and other ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTFT's + and other ?'s

I have a 02 Z28 A4, fipk, magnaflow cb, FLP LT's and catted Y. I also have a Predator tuner. I could feel a increase in h.p after the header install and a few days later the extra h.p seemed to go away. I went to a dyno and made some runs with a wideband 02 hooked up and I was running rich high 10:1 area, so I used the Predator to bring my WOT A/F to 12.8:1 which brought my h.p up about 25h.p from taking away some fuel. With the Predator I can only change WOT settings. I went to the track and a guy let me use his MAC scanner and I logged 2 runs. It said I was lean(really lean) and showed up to 30 KR at times. I know my A/F is good WOT since I put it on a wideband. But on the scanner it didn't show that. My LTFT's at cruise sit around +12 and +9 and vary some. My Predator when I use the diagnostic feature doesn't show a single bit of KR except lugging the car up a hill in 0D and tapping the gas, but it has done this since new and only goes 1-3 degree's KR, never shows any KR at WOT. My LTFT's always go to 0 when WOT except when I added some PE and the WOT were in the +4's. I have the stock MAF and don't hear any leaks in the system. I haven't thrown a single code since the LT install and has been over a month. I tried adding fuel and car ran rich, bogged when going WOT and gas mileage went in half and car felt sluggish. So my big questions is, what do I need to get my LTFT's to -2 - 0 and why would the scanner show lots of KR that the Predator doesn't. Car runs good and I don't hear any KR or strange noises.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

I did a little thinking and I have a billet air breather on the car, I removed it to see if it could be unmetered air being pulled through and into the intake.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

You'll need a custom tune from someone with ChipMaster Revolution in order to tune out the positive LTFT's you're seeing during cruise. Check with John02SS. He might be able to help you out.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rotwiler
...showed up to 30 KR at times...
Good lord man, you need a dyno tune ASAP! I'm asumming the 30 KR was a one-time thing, right? Either way, you need to get that fixed.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

i dont think the car can pull more then 10 deg max. thats the stock setting at least.

dave
Old 06-09-2005, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

I think the 30 degree's KR must have been a false reading somehow on the scanner. Only problem I can see using the Predator is the LTFT's are +. I was looking for a CMR dealer, but none are in Washington State that I could find. Called all listed on Diablosports website.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

I work with RWTD in Mobile, Al. and we can do a custom tune for you! Shot me an email for all the details. Just let me know if I can help.

John
Old 06-09-2005, 01:25 PM
BfB
Teching In

Yeup, definitely a false reading.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

I'll have go through the internet to get custom tune then to get the LTFT's correct. I did take off my billet breather and did see a change in LTFT's, not a great amount of change but dropped each some and they are more even now. I don't know why I feel so strange about getting a tune over the internet, but I'll have to get the cables and just go ahead and do it. Cost isn't a issue as much as getting the car running great.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

I did the custom tune from RWTD and have to say it was easier than I thought. John02SS had my custom tune done and sent to me within about 16 hours(couldn't expect faster service). Now just working out minor issues and test driving. Thanks John for the speedy tune!
Old 06-15-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Good to hear he was able to help you out.