Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Interest in hardened steel slider keys?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interest in hardened steel slider keys?

Hey fellow M6 guys,

Currently I have a whole set of tool steel solid slider keys (not stamped and hollow like the stockers) throughout my transmission that were part of the rebuild I had done. These were produced on a CNC machine for accuracy...

Anyhow, I can get a good price on at least the set for the 3-4 synchro (3 slider keys in the set), and were wondering if anyone would be interested in buying a set? I know that companies charge $75-$100 + shipping for a set of 3-4 slider keys made of billet... so I would charge less than that for these made of solid tool steel.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in this so I know if I should order a bunch or not.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

How much and How long to get them? I may be interested as I'm about to beef mine up.

D
Old 06-09-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
How much and How long to get them? I may be interested as I'm about to beef mine up.

D
I'm still finding out what the final cost of production and everything will be using the CNC machine... I'm probably figuring around $50-$60 shipped as a rough estimate at this time. Wouldn't be any more than that... might also see if I can get a full set (1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 9 slider keys in total) and sell those as well... probably be around $100-$120 or so for the full set if my estimates are right.

If there's enough interest, I'll have several sets made (which usually only takes a few days) and then I would start accepting orders via Paypal, check or money order. I'd ship next business day using UPS, so there'd be a tracking number and all that... so from the time someone orders to the time they get the keys should only be a few days.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm interested in the 1/2/3 & 4 keys. Not too concerend with a 5/6 key breakage. Although the complete 9 key set up cost about the same as other 3/4 billet keys.

Im definately interested in the 3/4. Keep us up to date via this thread.

David
Old 06-09-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Alright cool... I will keep the thread updated. I should have a final pricing in the next day or two, and then I'll make place an order for them from the machine shop and hopefully have the first sets in hand in the next week or so.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey Tranzor, I'm ordering up a Master rebuild kit for my T56 today. Have you found out anything? I could order a billet set from th Gearbox as well, but I was very interested in your deal. If you aren't getting answers from your machine shop, give me some specs, I can probably help you out. I worked for Haas CNC machines for 10 years and have quite a few connections.

Thanks,
David
Old 07-18-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Haven't gotten an answer yet... the dude who made the CNC program is kinda flaky. But I'll see if I can get the specs from him off the program.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be interested in a full set.

Quick Reply: Interest in hardened steel slider keys?