Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Knocking in the Hurst

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exclamation Knocking in the Hurst

Hello Everyone,
I have a 2001 WS.6, M6, and I've been noticing a knock in my shift stick in 4th gear when coasting and giving just a touch of gas at about 45 mph. It happens in 6th gear as well when coasting at low rpms and giving just a touch of gas for a slow/regular acceleration. Sometimes the shifting is kinda clinky, and rarely I can hear a small rattle and feel it in the stick as well. It just seems to be getting kinda rough when shifting. I also only have to barely touch the clutch to shift. Do I need to get gears realigned ect? I've ground the gears 3 times (only a quick touch) since I've owned the car during some street racing but I never noticed anything afterwards. Car has ~33000 miles with Hurst option. Any advice on what to check out?

Thanks!
Haans
Old 06-10-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could check the teflon bushing where the shifter-lower lever-ball sits, into the trans. I might be worn or missing if you think it is in the shifter.

Are you still running the stock 10 bolt? The noise you are describing sounds all most like the same noise I hear as well. For the last year now with no problems. I even went to the dealer as well, and they could find nothing.

********Look in the Gears&Axle section and you will see all kinds of past posts for noise as well*********************