Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple questions

#1 I Did a little !EGR mod while I was replacing my AC compressor today and now the car idles like ****. The home made block off plate is probably not sealing against the manifold well but would anything else cause the rough idle? I know it will throw an SES light but I thought as long as the manifold was sealed up tight it'd be ok....

#2 Whats a good place to get egr delete block off plates? I would really like a set with the manifold block off engraved with "LS1" or something.

#3 Massive squeaking coming from the back of the car, sounds a little like the spare tire/jack is loose but it persists even after I have removed them. Upon closer inspection it is coming from underneath the car and it's REALLY loud if you listen with your head by the license plate...I'm thinking it's exhaust related but I am only guessing...any suggestions????
Old 06-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#1-- You can get a expansion plug at any parts store that will seal your intake manifold. 1 3/8's freeze plug.
#2-- If you mean exhaust manifold block off Thunder Racing has it for $10 but not sure where you can get one engraved. Maybe just have that one engraved somewhere?
#3-- Not entirely sure on this one. Could be several things back there.