Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

8.8 rear idea/question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 8.8 rear idea/question

i have read all the reports of the torquearm mounts ripping off the fabricated 8.8 rears. the welds not holding etc. I was thinking why are they even trying to weld on a TA mount? There are atleast 3 different companies that make TA kits for mustangs and none of them weld the ta on, they use a system that bolts onto the case in multiple loncations. These companies have realized that the mustang rearsuspension sucks and have copied the F-bodys. why cant a fabricator do the same in reverse? Build a TA system that goes with the rearend and works. The sales would be there, look how many people jumped on the 1st 8.8 design, even after the problems started.

ps the stang companies are griggs and maximum motorsports if someone was interested.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a matter of fact

I have a design going thru the process with my Patent attorney. Waiting on that process to clear before it is released for sale. Basically, it is what alot of people have been waiting for New prototype going on my car soon, its an M6 and its a 4.56 gear car, and I have no doubts it will hold up. It will be sold as a mount/kit, for the "do it yourself-er" so one can economically install an 8.8 into thier car. And most importantly.....

- NO WELDING ON CAST IRON REQUIRED
- USES STOCK ls1/lt1 T/A BRACKET LOCATION
- ALSO BRACES REAR

This is a new Business opportunity for me. After six years of education and receiving my B.B.A, (also S.A.M. graduate) I am taking my time to complete the process correctly (Patent, further product testing), before the product is complete for sale.

The company is called "Race Innovations"
I will keep everyone posted about the expected release date and testing

I am also looking foward to being an Ls1tech.com sponser.

Last edited by turbodiesel; 06-14-2005 at 12:58 AM.