Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mass Air Extender's

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass Air Extender's

Has anyone use one? I am maxing out my mass air and really don't won't to go to a speed density tune. If anyone has any suggestion on how to fix this problem, I would appreciate any help. I've been told that going to a 02 Z06 mass air would fix my problem. But then I was told switching mass air's would not fix my problem. I am not sure what direction to go in. I have a D1SC Procharger 8 pounds of boost, 55lb flow match injectors, racetronix fuel pump. I can not get it to tune out because of this mass air problem. Extreamly rich down low,below 10, and leans out at 5300rmp to 13.5. Its dynoing at 540rwhp and 522tq as it sits now out of tune.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most maf extenders, such as MJ chip's, and diablo's mafia are all based on voltage, not frequency.

The GM computer uses a frequency based maf, and a converter/extender would be harder to build, unless somebod already makes one.

A custom maf with more range would easily be tuned, but nobody makes a maf with a high range for the gm cars off the shelf. You can contact granatelli they do custom maf's I believe, but it won't be cheap.

Ryan
Old 06-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slow
most maf extenders, such as MJ chip's, and diablo's mafia are all based on voltage, not frequency.

The GM computer uses a frequency based maf, and a converter/extender would be harder to build, unless somebod already makes one.

A custom maf with more range would easily be tuned, but nobody makes a maf with a high range for the gm cars off the shelf. You can contact granatelli they do custom maf's I believe, but it won't be cheap.

Ryan
I know that Diablo and SLP makes a extender for the gm, Not sure how they work though. Both are about $220.00. What are most people doing for the mass airs on forced induction other than custom maf?
Old 06-11-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if a granetelli maf would work for you. I have a granatelli and a stock maf and the granatelli reads way lower. You could probably find one cheap cause nobody wants them.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

do you have any info on those 2 extenders? I could not find info on either one of thier websites.

Ryan
Old 06-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slow
do you have any info on those 2 extenders? I could not find info on either one of thier websites.

Ryan
I went backed and looked at them on SLP website and they are called Mass Air Flow senser. It appears to be just another mass air unit that can flow higher numbers. Can a tuner tune the stock mass air to get it to flow right or do I need to by another mass air like a z06?
Old 06-12-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

The slp maf is a delphi truck maf with a resistor across the sensor elements, it does lean the car out a little, which allows for more range. If you search I think the user name is S_J_H who used a resistor on the stock maf to extend the range considerably.

Personally, I want a maf that will support 750-1000 g/sec @11,250 hz which would support 95% of the cars on this board. Where a stock f-car maf only 46x or so g/sec.

Ryan