Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with tuning maf

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with tuning maf

Ive been doing nothing but tuning and Ive gotten my ve table within 3% error running sd. Also when running sd I have no kr and have been dialing in the maf table using supras sheet. After several runs (around 25k values) with lots of good info over the past couple days I can only seem to get good readings between 2500 and 9250 Hz after that the adjusted values stray from the curve and dither off into left field. On a better note my maf readings that are on curve are well over a stock 5.3 they are almost perfectly matched or a little over the manero, I have an aem intake and stock throttle body.

Whenever I do run the maf I get LT trims that are all negative and go up to -11, I also have kr so Im thinking it just needs more calibration and is off. What am I missing? Why does the truck run better in sd? The maf calibrations I believe are the culprit but they look spot on. Is it the combination of the mass air values with the ve values that is giving crazy values.

Does anyone use hand smoothing to complete the rest of the graph?
Attached Files
File Type: zip
airflow.zip (25.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by 02sierraz71_5.3; 06-11-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now Im getting dtc rich banks 1 and 2, I would be worried if there was black smoke or no power but this thing pulls like its gonna take me to the moon, I mean it feels dead on. Do I need to look into tuning the injectors. I appreciate any thoughts.