Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

10w7

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10w7

will a 10 inch w7 fit depth wise in a 1o inch box that i have an infinity perfect in... its one of those hidden boxes... youd never even know it was there if i didnt point it out.. the infinity just dont hit hard enough
Old 06-12-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

What kind of box is it. The depth of a 10w7 is 8 inches. My guess off hand would be no. You could cut a mdf ring to give you 3/4 of an inch more but more importantly you want to get the right sub in the right air space.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

its the single 10 inch box that is for camaros and trans ams.. goes on the opposite side of the spare tire, right next to the rear quarter.. see i wanna have a system but i dont wanna loose the t-top holder...

i have a 12 inch kicker cvr.. and it it not working right.. it will only hit when there is some kind of pressure on the woofer itself.. so like putting your hand on it.. and pushing on it a little bit.. and then it will start bumpin away.. anyone know why that is?!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stange567
its the single 10 inch box that is for camaros and trans ams.. goes on the opposite side of the spare tire, right next to the rear quarter.. see i wanna have a system but i dont wanna loose the t-top holder...

i have a 12 inch kicker cvr.. and it it not working right.. it will only hit when there is some kind of pressure on the woofer itself.. so like putting your hand on it.. and pushing on it a little bit.. and then it will start bumpin away.. anyone know why that is?!
A 10W7 won't fit. Check here for some good info for what will fit. How much power is going to the sub?
http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm
Old 06-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Banned

will a 10 inch w7 fit depth wise in a 1o inch box that i have an infinity perfect in... its one of those hidden boxes... youd never even know it was there if i didnt point it out.. the infinity just dont hit hard enough
hey check my pics in sig i got 10w7 in my vert
for sale
Old 06-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98 LPE SS
A 10W7 won't fit. Check here for some good info for what will fit. How much power is going to the sub?
http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm

800 watt kenwood amp
Old 06-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BOOSTNSS
hey check my pics in sig i got 10w7 in my vert
for sale

dang so then you pretty much got rid of all of your trunk space for that.. well i have no money.. but i start work tomorrow... so that should be helpful
Old 06-14-2005, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

I have an Infinity in my z-28 in the same spot and my hits plenty loud enough. Are you sure you have enough power going to it? Also try putting a little batting in the box. That should tighten up the bass a little more.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like the tinsel leads, or the wire on the top of the voicecoil going to the leads are slightly broken, when you push on the cone it makes the connection. That speaker is pretty much done.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by iosigma
I have an Infinity in my z-28 in the same spot and my hits plenty loud enough. Are you sure you have enough power going to it? Also try putting a little batting in the box. That should tighten up the bass a little more.

i have plenty power... its a 500w alpine mono amp...
Old 06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Snootch
Sounds like the tinsel leads, or the wire on the top of the voicecoil going to the leads are slightly broken, when you push on the cone it makes the connection. That speaker is pretty much done.

shitballs.. well i have had that single sub pounding for 2 years with 1600 watts going to it.. haha