Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Good night

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Good night

Well went out to dinner today with one of my buddies who wants me to meet this kid he met recently with a 2002 ws6. So we meet up and I fid out that hes got a LSX intake manifold with 90mm TB, SLP longtubes with catted Y and a borla catback. Waiting at home he has new pistons, rods, valvesprings, and cam ect. and on its way in the mail is his D-1sc procharger. In other words this guy has just dropped a lot of money into his T/A. So I get to talkin to him and hes tellin me how he switched from a 98 A4 to a 02 M6 and how much better it is for drag racing and I'm like well I'm workin on a stall right now so that should hold me over for the trans for a while. Then he says hes planning on making 700-800rwhp with everything I just listed and I'm like that'll be a tough one so he kinda makes me doubtful with his knowledge.

So to get to the point we line em up with me expecting to get smoked and I end up with a car lenght at 70 from a dead stop? He also has 4.10 gears and his friend tells me he can't shift for ****. So much for what will be a bad *** car, hes a cool guy and all but he needs a driver mod.

After hangin with him for a while I head home and up comes a Stealth to play. Well I goose it a lil to see if he'll bite and just my luck we get caugtht at a red light together. I look over and check out his girl and wait for him to hit it first to make sure he wants some. We roll out to about 25 or so and bam he lays into it and so do I, I had about a bus length and a half to 85 or so and thought I proved my point so I let off. Didn't get to talk to the guy cuz he pretty much stayed back after that but just looked like he had exhaust, but Damn good to show him up in front of his girl. HAHA
Old 06-14-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroitmuscle
Well went out to dinner today with one of my buddies who wants me to meet this kid he met recently with a 2002 ws6. So we meet up and I fid out that hes got a LSX intake manifold with 90mm TB, SLP longtubes with catted Y and a borla catback. Waiting at home he has new pistons, rods, valvesprings, and cam ect. and on its way in the mail is his D-1sc procharger. In other words this guy has just dropped a lot of money into his T/A. So I get to talkin to him and hes tellin me how he switched from a 98 A4 to a 02 M6 and how much better it is for drag racing and I'm like well I'm workin on a stall right now so that should hold me over for the trans for a while. Then he says hes planning on making 700-800rwhp with everything I just listed and I'm like that'll be a tough one so he kinda makes me doubtful with his knowledge.

So to get to the point we line em up with me expecting to get smoked and I end up with a car lenght at 70 from a dead stop? He also has 4.10 gears and his friend tells me he can't shift for ****. So much for what will be a bad *** car, hes a cool guy and all but he needs a driver mod.

After hangin with him for a while I head home and up comes a Stealth to play. Well I goose it a lil to see if he'll bite and just my luck we get caugtht at a red light together. I look over and check out his girl and wait for him to hit it first to make sure he wants some. We roll out to about 25 or so and bam he lays into it and so do I, I had about a bus length and a half to 85 or so and thought I proved my point so I let off. Didn't get to talk to the guy cuz he pretty much stayed back after that but just looked like he had exhaust, but Damn good to show him up in front of his girl. HAHA
You should have beat the Stealth by more. I pull that with my near stock LT1. Great kills.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was it the R/T or whatever they call the VR-4 equivelent ? If not then not a very impressive kill but at least you made him look like a bitch in front of his girl
Old 06-15-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to get to play like that when I had my 02 Mustang GT (Got beat by alot of LS1's). Everyone wanted to play, now in my 00 C5 I can't ever get anyone to play. Traffic in Washington sucks too. Nice kill!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 04:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Detroitmuscle
hes a cool guy and all but he needs a driver mod.
I guess so, since he's got gears and 30 - 40hp on ya. Just goes to show that anything can happen on the street. Nice kills
Old 06-15-2005, 05:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah the stealth didn't look like a 300gt vr-4 but I just thought it was funny cuz it was in front of his girl and he came up and started pacing me.