Appearance & Detailing - What color of touch up paint to go with?

TransAm52804
06-15-2005, 03:00 PM
I have a '98 T/A, and although it was originally black, it was resprayed bright red (I believe, it looks similar to other non-repainted FBodies). Anyways, I went to a GM service parts dealer today, got "the right" bottle of paint of "Bright Red"... Well yeah, I touch up a spot and the fucking touch up paint is PINKISH PURPLE! :mad: :mad: :mad:

How the hell can GM make touch up paint for their own cars that isn't even near a matching color? Should I go with Ford Red? It's more of an orange-red and that would definitely be a better match up than this faggot color GM made.

SY KB 4.7L
06-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Did you have it painted? If not maybe they didnt use GM Bright red. I've used GM touch up paint on my bright red TA and it looked fine.

FBDYLVR
06-15-2005, 07:34 PM
You might have Rio Red (Ford) on your car... honestly you'll never know until you find out from the person who painted your car.

GM Muscle
06-15-2005, 07:39 PM
That's funny, my GM bright red touch up looks bright red. Infact I had a chip on the nose that I used the bright red on along with some clear and you can't even see it.

I would go to the parts store and buy every shade of Duplicolor/Plastikote bright red touch up that they have. One has to be close.

TransAm52804
06-15-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm just gonna go with Ford Red because it's a red-orange and will be a lot closer than what I got from GM parts.

natronathon
06-15-2005, 10:39 PM
i got the brightest red autozone sold, its a slight bit darker than my car, but close enough till i get the bumper re-painted... agian.... damn rock chips!

LiquidFire350
06-16-2005, 12:29 AM
i got the brightest red autozone sold, its a slight bit darker than my car, but close enough till i get the bumper re-painted... agian.... damn rock chips!ha, my hood needs to be repainted because of rocks, the bumper needs replacement because of asshole drivers at the school parking lot, you know what, the whole damn car needs to be repainted