Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I am going to go mafless

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Think I am going to go mafless

With the HPtuner 1.7 out and soon to be 2.0, which makes speed density a snap on these LSx motors. I think I am going to go mafless. The throttle response when I am scaling my VE table is just sick! I've got my VE lined out really good all 0 and -1 and I even got the maf table squared away all 1, 0, and -1. Every time I go back and reinstate the maf the throttle response seems to lack from when I was just in SD.

Soooo, I am going to go mafless. I'm not too concerned about weather and changes. Hell, I seems to be playing with the tune every other day anyway. It'll be set for when I do go boosted also, a nice 2bar setup.

Not to mention I could run a harrop manifold...
Old 06-16-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my maf was replaced with a metallic black painted 88.90 mm exhaust pipe. never looked back. the car runs great, tuning is a breeze. i have 1.7 for 1 bar SD so i can use the primary VE, seems the tune can be more finetuned with this, less peaks in the VE and more smooth surfaces, so maybe fueling is better and more consistant, i dont know all i know is im not using a MAF anymore. tuning my friends car without one as well.