Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ocean City Maryland recent kills

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocean City Maryland recent kills

Anybody that lives or visits Ocean City Maryland knows how the police are on Coastal Highway and I have turned down many races because of that and the fact drunk people walking down the street at night and driving fast is not a good combination. However, there are those few times where I just had to let loose and go for it.

First Race: 2000+ Mustang GT. It was black and loud and instead of saying GT on the side and rear, the emblems said Hurst instead and so did his license plate. Not sure what that was all about. We went from a dig, well rolled out and I waited to see if he would hit it. Sure enough he did and I followed right after. He jumped a fender or so and got a half of car on me when my car started to slide out sideways just a little bit. By 60 mph I was passing him up pretty easily and as I started moving past 70 he was just starting to fade back. Yes, these races are short and not top end, but I am not about to do that here on the street.

Second Race: RSX. It was looking really stock but it was just one of those times where he was having a little too much fun sitting at the light and when there is the token girlfriend involved in the passanger seat which is the only reason I would consider this. He didn't want to be second through the light and neither did I. After going through the interection I heard the revs and got ready. Once he hit it that was it, instant pull for me and it just got uglier by the second. I slowed down again waiting for the fly-by but no such luck. I went to 35 that is 5 under and he still wouldn't get up next to me. Finally, he switches over three lanes and turns left. I turned down a saleen s-281 that was yellow and non-supercharged earlier that morning because of it being wet and there was no motivation without the girl so I let him go.

Third Race: This one just happened last night. I was driving home from the store at about 3 am and I hear the swoosh of a turbo coming up fast. Here it is, what I have been waiting to race for a while. A blue srt-4 flies by and slows back down to match my speed. Rolling at about 40 mph and me being in an A4 I had it shifted down to second and holding the rpms at about 3200. Being so late and I am getting closer to my turn I tried to shrug it off but the constant rev and then blow-off was getting annoying especially with the guy in the passanger seat. Not wanting to chance it I had to make it quick. I took the jump and got up to a half of a car before he hit it. I am sure it was stock because that thing spooled up in no time at all. On top of my half car lead I gained another 2 plus cars it seemed right away and as my turn came up I slowed down to turn and it took him a few to catch back up where he kept being a dick and then begging me to go another time.

By the way, I drive a 1999 camaro z-28 A4 and the only mods I have is flowmaster exhaust that was already on it when I bought it, the FIPK II intake and a cut out that i normally leave open. I am running on 18'' rims, but with the added traction from the 9.5 inch wide rims in the back and the 275 nitto 555's I get a lot more traction than my stock rims. I do have a question though, if that srt-4 and I kept going would of it just of gotten worse for him or would he of made up some ground on me if we took it up past 100? Like I said, he sounded and looked stock to me.

If anybody lives near or visits Ocean city and wants to meet up and cruise around let me know. I have turned down races this past week from two other srt-4's at a light. One was talking about blow-off valve, turbo timer, boost controller as his mods but it was not a good spot, a few other ricers and then a great looking blue 300zx with nice rims and a non-ricer body kit. When he took off I was just waiting for the sound of the turbo but damn, nothing at all so that would of been easier than I thought.

Again, how would it of been if i went again and took it up past 100 with that srt-4?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the SRT4 was stock you would have murdered him at higher speeds.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

stock or just bolt-ons on the srt-4 you should keep pulling him up top