Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help-I think my clutch is gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Split counter shaft

Ok, so I let my younger brother take the car for a spin and he comes back telling my that Im going to kill him. Anyways, I take the car for a spin and what happens is the car grinds if i get out of the (1st)gear too fast or if i get on the gas gently once the car is moving in (1st)gear. In my opinion, it seems like the clutch is slipping or should I say it's burnt. What makes me so unsure is that I never knew that it would grind like that.
Here is what I need to know:
1)Can anyone please offer some advice as to what could it possibly be
2) If its the clutch, can someone recommend a favorable brand that will be able to hold some bolt ons, a FM14 cam, roughly 6-12 passes down the strip and some abuse on the street.
3) Would the LS2 clutch be able to handle the power and would it fit?
4) Can I do the installation myself in my garage or should i leave it to a professional?
5) Which professional would u recommend on the east cost around Brooklyn N.Y., I'm willing to take a 3 hour ride if neccessary.
By the way, I have a 2000 Trans Am with 52K miles, my mods are a gmmg catback and MTI clear lid, any help would be appreciated.
THANK YOU

Last edited by Tkami129; 06-17-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Launching!

if your car is like what you say, don't plan on any more mod, go with zo6 clutch, just for the $$$ and light padel, if you plan on do some more mod, i said go with textrallia, there is no biggie to change clutch by yourself just make sure you got the right tools and one or two buddies give you hand.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

After some research, i figured out its the countershaft thats broken. It's the same exact problem as in this https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...80#post3073580 thread. Now, can anyone help me out and tell me where can I obtain one and should I also have a the clutch replaced since the tranny will be dropped to replace countershaft.