Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stupid question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid question

im replacing the door speakers in my 98 camaro cause there blown and i have couple questions i hope u can answer. i had some 4 way sonys so im goin to put those in for now and im not a guy who plays with stereos so i hope these questions arent stupid. i pulled the factory speakers out and they have two power and two ground wires i hadnt saw that before. i dont have the monsoon system but i got the cd changer and factory amp and someone told me i had a power and ground for the tweeters which ran to the head unit and the other wires ran from the sub to the amp is that right? i spliced everything together but it sounded like ***. if i have wires from the tweeters to head unit and wires from sub to amp am i goin to have to leave just the subs hooked up? i hope i didnt sound retarded trying to explain this. thanks for any help
Old 06-16-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

It sounds like you do have the monsoon. You are correct about the 2 power and 2 ground wires. One set does go to the tweeters and the other goes to the mid bass woofer. The tweeters are powered off the headunit, as the mid bass woofers are powered by the amp.
Try reading the stickies at the top of the forum, or click here. It is a long thread and contains some very good info.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Teching In

thanks for the help and i read the link but nothin from it is like mine as far as the blue wires and so. i just got the 2 red power and the grounds and no connectors they were soldered to the speaker. guess ill keep playin with it any thing you guys might think will help out alot thanks