Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny problem all of a sudden?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 06:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Tranny problem all of a sudden?

Well today on my way to work, my tranny shifted fine (95 Z28 A4). I parked it and let it sit all day like i usually do. I went out after work and started it and threw it in reverse, and it slammed into reverse a lot harder than i have ever felt. I thought it was wierd, so i put it back into park and did it again.. SLAM. So i backed out of the parking space and put it in drive, seemed to shift fine into drive. I give it some gas to move and it seems to take a lot more to get it going. I take it on the street and after some testing figure out that its starting in second gear, slams into third gear, and has no 4th.

Even if i put the shifter in "1" it still starts the car in second gear and wont shift again until i put it through "2" and into "D". After gaining some speed i put it into "OD" and it doesnt shift at all, doesnt even seem like it wants to.

I checked the fluid in it, the level is fine, and it doesnt smell burnt, it has new fluid about a month ago. I bought the tranny used, it was rebuild in october, and has around 9-10k miles on it. Before this i had absolutely no problems with it at all.. Shifted fine through all the gears. I also have a B&M hole shot 2400 torque conver in it also which i know is not the best converters out there, but i dont think this is related to that.

Does anybody have any idea on what could be causing this all of a sudden? Thanks for any input -Jeff