Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[B]Diagnostic code 1870... 99 v6 firebird[/B]

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [B]Diagnostic code 1870... 99 v6 firebird[/B]

Diagnostic code 1870... 99 v6 firebird my sis's 99 v6 firebird's trany is shot. Dia code 1870 comes up, trans component slipping with no apparent problem, is usally caused by a worn tcc regulator valve bore. this bore can be repaired with a kit which will restore the valve body's hydraulic integrity. Could this be the problem? I haven't driven the car to hear it, she went to a dealer and they gave her that code. Anybody please help thank you.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Beastofa327
Diagnostic code 1870... 99 v6 firebird my sis's 99 v6 firebird's trany is shot. Dia code 1870 comes up, trans component slipping with no apparent problem, is usally caused by a worn tcc regulator valve bore. this bore can be repaired with a kit which will restore the valve body's hydraulic integrity. Could this be the problem? I haven't driven the car to hear it, she went to a dealer and they gave her that code. Anybody please help thank you.

That code is usually associated with a malfunctioning Torque Converter clutch. Most of the time, this is caused by the TCC Regulator valve like you mentioned, but can sometimes be the converter itself. A TransGo Reprogramming kit will fix the valvebody issue since it has a redesigned Regulator Valve, plus you get enhanced shift performance to boot.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the info