Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok heres my dyno sheet from my nitrous runs. Critiques?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Ok heres my dyno sheet from my nitrous runs. Critiques?

Ok I couldnt spray anymore than a 200 shot because the guy that was getting me the jets left them at his work. Well heres my dyno sheet. Does everything look ok??

Old 06-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty big lean spike on initial hit, reminds me of the NXL pulling fuel out of the rail. How is your fuel / nitrous system setup?
AFR after that looks very stable, if running a 300 shot I would fatten it up a little until 4500rpms and then slightly and slower lean it up some to where it is now or maybe 12.4 at max hp. But thats fine tuning it. Looks nice. Update the sig now man!

*Edited* went back and seen the first post. Are you bleeding the air out of the fuel side/priming the fuel?
Old 06-18-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3

*Edited* went back and seen the first post. Are you bleeding the air out of the fuel side/priming the fuel?

I dont think he did when he dynoed it, I forgot to tell him about that. The lean spike was on my first nitrous run and the second run looks almost perfect so Im pretty sure thats where the lean spike came from. Overall Im very pleased with how my nitrous system is performing on the A/F ratio.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:43 PM
9 Second Club

how do u fatten up the initial lean spike? My car used to do the same thing
Old 06-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Banned

Default 11.9 w/ 484rwhp?!?!

were you on street tires??? that e.t. is HORRIBLE! i'd get some more practice in before i put the spray to it... the way you're going now you'd probably run 11.5 w/ a 200 shot.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by imslow
were you on street tires??? that e.t. is HORRIBLE! i'd get some more practice in before i put the spray to it... the way you're going now you'd probably run 11.5 w/ a 200 shot.

Yeah the ET is "horrible". Guess you didnt see the little 2.0 60 out beside it.

Cars running on a stock 10 bolt and I have already twisted an axle off in the car once and Im not doing it again. Might want to know more about a situation before you make yourself look more like a moron than you already have, which would be hard. Whats this got to do with my dyno?? I posted that up to make sure A/F looked good and all. I didnt post this is the drag racing tech forum and ask why I only ran 11.9, I know why.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:29 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by badass 2002 z28
how do u fatten up the initial lean spike? My car used to do the same thing
That initial lean spike on the 1st nitrous run was most likely from not priming the fuel side of the nitrous setup, he has a dedicated fuel system. But, need to turn the pump on prior to arm and go, so that fuel can be readily available at the solenoid. Dont prime it, and you can pop a cylinder, usually #7. Also, you can purge through the engine during the burnout, but bigger shots require better setups, and more careful attention.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

badass numbers nero... wish I would have made it to the dyno day!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Looks great!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Yeah the ET is "horrible". Guess you didnt see the little 2.0 60 out beside it.

Cars running on a stock 10 bolt and I have already twisted an axle off in the car once and Im not doing it again. Might want to know more about a situation before you make yourself look more like a moron than you already have, which would be hard. Whats this got to do with my dyno?? I posted that up to make sure A/F looked good and all. I didnt post this is the drag racing tech forum and ask why I only ran 11.9, I know why.
yea i did see the 60ft times... that's why i asked if you were on street tires. it was all in good fun... but you got all offended. IMHO i would have gotten a 12 bolt or a 9" before i did all that axle twisting crap and put a tire and suspension to it... that way you can run better numbers w/ less power and not have to worry about breaking anything... but that's just my .02
Old 06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

yea i did see the 60ft times... that's why i asked if you were on street tires. it was all in good fun... but you got all offended. IMHO i would have gotten a 12 bolt or a 9" before i did all that axle twisting crap and put a tire and suspension to it... that way you can run better numbers w/ less power and not have to worry about breaking anything... but that's just my .02

I understand that I need a 12 bolt or a 9 inch but I just dont have the cash for it. Dont you think if I had the cash I would have bought a rear for the car? I didnt get offended by you at all but I can tell when someones being a dick. When the cash is available I will buy a rear end. At that point I will run some 10s and make you happy.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what's really important is making "imslow" happy, lol. I bet that car is a monster on the street. I'm in a similar situation to you, I'm gonna break something the next time I put the ET streets on with the new TNT setup.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I bet that car is a monster on the street.

It is...I've ridden in it! lol
Old 06-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Banned

I understand that I need a 12 bolt or a 9 inch but I just dont have the cash for it. Dont you think if I had the cash I would have bought a rear for the car? I didnt get offended by you at all but I can tell when someones being a dick. When the cash is available I will buy a rear end. At that point I will run some 10s and make you happy.
yea but that's what i don't understand.. you had the cash to build this monster 408 motor and put a 200 shot to it... but didn't have the cash for a rear end that will hold up. the motor cost more than the rear end. just sayin a 12 bolt is one of the first things i did... i could have gone w/ h/c combo, and wanted to realy bad... but wanted to make the car hold up so i wouldn't ahve to worry about not making it home one time. it just sounded like symptons of a dyno queen. but you race so that's cool. just kind of backwards to me.

sorry... didn't mean to be a dick.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

yea but that's what i don't understand.. you had the cash to build this monster 408 motor and put a 200 shot to it... but didn't have the cash for a rear end that will hold up. the motor cost more than the rear end. just sayin a 12 bolt is one of the first things i did... i could have gone w/ h/c combo, and wanted to realy bad... but wanted to make the car hold up so i wouldn't ahve to worry about not making it home one time. it just sounded like symptons of a dyno queen. but you race so that's cool. just kind of backwards to me.

sorry... didn't mean to be a dick.

Maybe you are misunderstanding the way things happened.

This car was originally going to be a cam only car wth a 150 shot on it, not much track time and a daily driver. I figured most of my races would be from a roll on the street. Well I did the cam and nitrous and ran it that way for over a year with no issues until my solenoid stuck open and melted a piston. Well at that point I was going to just replace the piston but it was going to be rather expensive just to do that and I really needed forged ones anyway. The guy that was doing the work told me he would give me a really good deal on forged internals and a 383 kit since I had to build anyway. Well then he called me back and said for $400 more he could build a 408 so thats the direction I went. I didnt have the money to do it but I borrowed some and pulled some out of savings to do it. I still dont have the money for a rear end though.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This car was originally going to be a cam only car wth a 150 shot on it, not much track time and a daily driver. I figured most of my races would be from a roll on the street. Well I did the cam and nitrous and ran it that way for over a year with no issues until my solenoid stuck open and melted a piston. Well at that point I was going to just replace the piston but it was going to be rather expensive just to do that and I really needed forged ones anyway. The guy that was doing the work told me he would give me a really good deal on forged internals and a 383 kit since I had to build anyway. Well then he called me back and said for $400 more he could build a 408 so thats the direction I went. I didnt have the money to do it but I borrowed some and pulled some out of savings to do it. I still dont have the money for a rear end though.
my solenoid stuck open and melted a piston. --- what kind of solenoid was it which brand?
Old 06-22-2005, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
my solenoid stuck open and melted a piston. --- what kind of solenoid was it which brand?

NOS

Message has to be 5 characters so I typed this
Old 06-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Default Video Record it

Ok I couldnt spray anymore than a 200 shot because the guy that was getting me the jets left them at his work. Well heres my dyno sheet. Does everything look ok??

Next time put it on video for all of us to enjoy. I would of loved to see that. ~ BowmansRedAlert
Old 06-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Banned

okay sorry for the misunderstanding. to me it sounded like a race car motor on a stock chassis aka dyno queen... but you never intended to put the motor in, or have it be a serious strip car. so it's all good. great numbers by the way, no question about THAT.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Its cool. I figured you didnt know the situtation so Id inform you as to how it all happened. This is ny freaking daily driver and its becoming more and more of a pain in the *** to drive everyday.