Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm going to take a hammer to this POS

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I'm going to take a hammer to this POS

I am getting so frustrated. The scan has been showing a lean condition so I have been adding fuel to the VE. Now I have the 2000 rpm run on. When I switch the tune either way from SD to closed loop it goes away untill I have run it for a while and then it is back.
I have gone into Idle Airflow vs. Coolant temp vs. (Gear PN) and reduced the full table by .2. this did nothing. Reduced the 68 deg to 219 deg by another %5 still nothing. I don't want to mess with this too much but I am sick of having this thing reving away.
Please any suggestions
Old 06-18-2005, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
I am getting so frustrated. The scan has been showing a lean condition so I have been adding fuel to the VE. Now I have the 2000 rpm run on. When I switch the tune either way from SD to closed loop it goes away untill I have run it for a while and then it is back.
I have gone into Idle Airflow vs. Coolant temp vs. (Gear PN) and reduced the full table by .2. this did nothing. Reduced the 68 deg to 219 deg by another %5 still nothing. I don't want to mess with this too much but I am sick of having this thing reving away.
Please any suggestions
Do you have a vacuum leak anywhere? If its showing lean and your adding fuel to compensate, excess air + more fuel would equal high idle. I assume thats what you mean by 2000 RPM run on.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I turn the maf on and load the tune the car will run fine for 20 minutes or so and then this condition will occur, so I don't think it could be a vacum leak.
I guess I should say that the car was originally tuned by Futral. but a cracked Header screwed up the o2s while I waited for a replacement and install. I had a copy of the original tune which I reloaded but the idle was choppy and there was alot of low end surging. So I started the scan-histograph-VE process which has aggravated this "cruise control" idle problem so that it now stays at 2000 rpm until the car comes to a stop.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, probably not a vacuum leak.

Just throwing this out there, but do you think the throttle might be sticking? This happened to a friends Camaro 383. It had the same symptoms and he had to "blip" the throttle to get it to come back down. A tighter spring fixed it. I'd be curios what the Throttle Position sensor was showing when this happened.
And just for s**ts and grins, since you mentioned cruise control, If you have cruise, pop off the cable from the throttle.