Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9"

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser 9"

Quick question the guys here with the Moser 9" Did they send you long enough bolts for the backing plates. With the locking ring and the backing plate all i have is 1/8" of bolt sticking out. Any one run into this
Old 06-18-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup, i made my own
Old 06-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Launching!

That is want i thought. Does it just amaze you the the amount of money we all spend here in the car world and just how little these companys care. The simple thing on the housing like the fill plug is in line with the studs for the center section. Have to use a ball allen wrench to get to it. Just buy moving the spacing a little you can use a normal allen. It is amazing what crap we put up with. This is the one industery where this stuff flys . Imange sending a piece to the airline industery that kinda fits. (I Don't think so).

Well enough of my bitching thanks for the tip i get the bolts tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:54 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by 00sscam
The simple thing on the housing like the fill plug is in line with the studs for the center section. Have to use a ball allen wrench to get to it.
Yeah, that kinda pisses me off too. Not a lot Moser can do about it though as that's kinda standard on 9" housings. The torque arm bracket gets in the way, but it's better than their original design (which I saw bend w/ my own two eyes).