Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Wide Band hookup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dual Wide Band hookup?

I just order two Innovative LC1 units with their own guage.

Can I hook up both to tuning SW in the futre? I lam interested in EFILive's new scan and flash tool and saw there is an input for WB O2 but also saw EGT listed as another input as well. As long as it can read a 0-5 v signal, I should be OK, and can take over the other input, right?

Thanks
Old 06-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by BLASTER
I just order two Innovative LC1 units with their own guage.

Can I hook up both to tuning SW in the futre? I lam interested in EFILive's new scan and flash tool and saw there is an input for WB O2 but also saw EGT listed as another input as well. As long as it can read a 0-5 v signal, I should be OK, and can take over the other input, right?

Thanks
There are a total of 3 inputs in EFILive's FlashScan unit:
2 x A/D (for logging any 2 independant 0-5V signals*)
1 x Thermocouple for logging temperatures using a k-type thermocouple.

*Due to signal buffering and voltage protection, the actual voltage range is 0-4.8V.

EFILive fully supports data logging and processing of 2 independant wide band O2 inputs simultaneously.
You can even create a customized PID that computes the average of both inputs (in real time) if you want/need to.
The A/D inputs have a 10 bit digital converter which gives an accuracy of +/- 0.005 Volts.

The EGT input is reserved for temperature measurements only. Unlke a standard 0-5V analog input, it it is a cold junction compensated input and allows you to connect a k-type thermocouple directly. There is no need for extra external circuitry to convert the thermocouple signal into a 0-5V signal. The thermocouple duties are handled by a dedicated temperature processing chip inside the FlashScan unit.

Regards
Paul
Old 06-19-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EFILive
There are a total of 3 inputs in EFILive's FlashScan unit:
2 x A/D (for logging any 2 independant 0-5V signals*)
1 x Thermocouple for logging temperatures using a k-type thermocouple.

*Due to signal buffering and voltage protection, the actual voltage range is 0-4.8V.

EFILive fully supports data logging and processing of 2 independant wide band O2 inputs simultaneously.
You can even create a customized PID that computes the average of both inputs (in real time) if you want/need to.
The A/D inputs have a 10 bit digital converter which gives an accuracy of +/- 0.005 Volts.

The EGT input is reserved for temperature measurements only. Unlke a standard 0-5V analog input, it it is a cold junction compensated input and allows you to connect a k-type thermocouple directly. There is no need for extra external circuitry to convert the thermocouple signal into a 0-5V signal. The thermocouple duties are handled by a dedicated temperature processing chip inside the FlashScan unit.

Regards
Paul
So Paul,
Is that a yes....cause then I am sold. I really like your product, read through the documentation and feel it is very informativ. I also like the price structure, two vehicles now, and if I buy a new vehicle or want to tune a friends, I can add it/them on for only 99 bucks each.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2005, 10:54 PM
FormerVendor

Not paul but that is a yes.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Restricted User

Yes, that is a yes!
Paul