Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

headlights just died!

Old 06-19-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights just died!

i dont know if this is the wrong thread for this but here it goes. my head lights died and its not the bulbs, it cant be cause they both stopped working at the same time, and the brights wont even come on. i went to a stereo shop cause that was the only thing open last night at 8, and the guy checked the fuses for me, they all worked. so what could it be? its not the bulbs its not the fuses. has this happend to anyone before?
Old 06-19-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would pull the fuses and have a look for myself. Is EVERYTHING else working?
Old 06-19-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea everything is working fine but the headlights wont come on. the brights wont even come on. so it cant be the bulbs, and the guy said all the fuses were working.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Launching!

prob a relay or something
Old 06-19-2005, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by osvaldo
i dont know if this is the wrong thread for this but here it goes. my head lights died and its not the bulbs, it cant be cause they both stopped working at the same time, and the brights wont even come on. i went to a stereo shop cause that was the only thing open last night at 8, and the guy checked the fuses for me, they all worked. so what could it be? its not the bulbs its not the fuses. has this happend to anyone before?
This happend to me when I was installing my clutch master. There is a connector in the panel underneath your steering, guages etc...get under there and make sure that nothing got unplugged. Thats what happend to me, the Clutch master cylinder was so FU#$ing hard to install that I somehow unplugged one of the connectors down there.
Good luck
Old 06-20-2005, 07:42 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

It's not surprising that the stereo shop didn't find a problem with the fuses - the headlights don't run through any of the fuses in the inside fuse panel. They are protected by a fusible link (a piece of wire designed to melt before the normal wiring in case of a short). Fusible link Z is the one that protects the headlights. It is black and is located with others forward of the left front wheelhouse behind the underhood electrical center #2.

Search this Thread