Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air removal...How do I hook up my A/C vents back up after vacuum line disconnect???

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air removal...How do I hook up my A/C vents back up after vacuum line disconnect???

I did my heads and cam a few monthes ago and I noticed that my vents don't change when i turn the climate control *****. it only blows out the floor and defrost. I found out that this is because the vents are controlled by vaccum. I see the line in the main harness that goes through the fire wall...this is the one i need to connect back up. I removed all AIR system crap and the vacuum control valve that was on the manifold. so, do i need to hook that vacuum control valve back up? wheres the easiest place to get vacuum from? and do i just connect the control valve to the line in the harness? or can i just hook up vacuum to the line without the valve? i guess i really just need to know how to make it work again.

its just messed up to me how it worked to begin with. the vacuum control valve connected to the AIR thing on the drivers side, then it went to the valve. where did the vacuum come from in the AIR system? is the vacuum from the exhaust scavenging? sorry to ramble, how do i fix it?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

The vacuum tube for the vents attaches to the back of the intake manifold right next to the MAP sensor and brake booster hose.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

i knew what the vacuum line was for (vents), but i guess ive had it unhooked since i installed my heads and cam. weird, since you would think that id notice something like this. the car runs pretty good, but i have to give it gas on hot staerts for a sec until its cool. hopefully this will fix the problem, and even though i havent ataped it lately, i have a feeling that my ltft are prob off cause of it. it just doesnt seem to be as fast as it was after the tune. thanks again man.

Scott
Old 06-20-2005, 05:45 AM
11 Second Club

yeah you prob have a vacuum leak.. its a little hard plastic line with a rubber piece on the end comes from the passenger side..
Old 06-21-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

fixed...