Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Slowmaro and a Civic Guess the Results?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Slowmaro and a Civic Guess the Results?

Scroll down for the cliff notes

I was at hubcity yesterday with my old man. When the car was completely stock I ran a 13.80 @ almost 104 with a 2.0 60'. Since then, I've added the Hooker Catback, Whisper Lid, and Wide Wheels and Tires, and my driving the M6 is better. I was kinda concerned that the new heavier wheels and tires would have slowed the car down. I was wrong.

1st run (solo) Launched at 2K bogged pretty bad and ran 13.72 @104mph with a 2.2 60'. Now my 60' was way higher but I ran my quickest number. I was pretty stoked so i hot lapped two more (not good).

2nd run: against the Civic (not the newest one said VTEC on it) I ran a 14 something. My clutch wouldn't release and I couldn't get it in third right away. Nothing but grind. But the civic stayed in way back in my rearview.

3rd run: against the Civic again this time I ran a 15 something. I couldn't get it into 2nd! WTF! It took a while as shown in the ET. I'm pretty sure the clutch just wouldn't disengage. The civic was way ahead I wasn't sure I could catch him, but I granny shifted the rest of the way and walked him down from 3-4 car lengths. Afterwords, he pulled up and said, "You didn't have to play with me like that!" I told him I just couldn't get the clutch to disengage. He was nice about it. His car ran 16's (I watched him run later).

I was going to run some more after the car cooled down (hopefully the clutch hydraulics would cool), but at about 6pm somone blew their **** up and oiled down the track pretty good. My dad went with me, and I thought he was ready to go (it was pretty warm out there). Anyway we left at 6:30pm and I didn't get to run anymore.

I think the car has got real potential now. A bogging 2.2 60' and still ran my quickest time ever in the car. The tires really hooked good, because i bogged launching @ 3000rpm and I didn't get to launch at 4000rpm. I need to get my 60' down, and maybe get some gears since I'm just out of 3rd by the end of the quarter. But this is going to be fun!

Cliff notes: Clutch wouldn't disengage, ran a 15.XX and walked down a Civic(with VTEC on it) from about 4 cars back.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My recipie for my clutch woes, some thanks to DANSBIRD:

1. Mcleod adj master
2. New slave (current one is leaking when cold out)
3. Spec 3 clutch and flywheel (not sure which one yet)
4. High temp fluid
5. Better shifter
6. Steel forks and replace warn parts

Now I just need money!
Old 06-20-2005, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

nice kills, with stock gearing you shouldn't have to shift to 4th. The rev limiter is there to protect you.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I think if I got my shifts right, I probably could. My last run I never got out of 3rd. Usually I'm just barely into 4th before I trip the lights. Probably shifting a little early.