Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Apparently stock WS-6 gets educated.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apparently stock WS-6 gets educated.

Me and Momma are pulling out of Kentucky Fried when I spot this beautiful blue WS-6 rolling by. I jump out behind him just a bit aggressive to get a better look. We roll up to the light and I move into the turn lane while he goes straight. I'm thinking "Oh well..." when I see him turn left across a parking lot and wait at a driveway for me to come. He pulls out before I get there and just rolls along at about 30. I finally get next to him and give him which he returns. I drop to second and touch the gas to see if he bites and I hear him drop to a lower gear, kinda quiet though. I nod and point then roll into the gas as I see his front end lift. We didn't have much room so I just blasted through 2nd and had him by 3 cars at 3rd. I guess he was stock and wasn't expecting to run across a Mustang putting down 200 RWHP more than he was. He flew by and turned off without props, oh well. Was he stock? Probably but he did have letters reading www.roadracing.com on the side and the car was flat gorgeous.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A completely differant take on this "meeting"

1. When you first jumped out behind me I was hoping that you'd follow me and we could have a little fun, or at least pull over and chat for a minute/check out the cars etc. When you took a left I thought ..oh well ..... lol !

2. When I turned around to wait for you I was thinking "well he DID jump out behind me pretty quickly, maybe I'll give him a second chance" haha ! Anyway traffic was so bad that I never did go even though I did downshift and jump it once or twice. Just too much traffic IMO to really try to run + there's cops everywhere on College Way. 3 cars in one gear ? You should've known I didn't go, I'm in an LS1 man and they can NEVA LOSE j/k lol !

3. My car quiet ? QTP headers/ORP/Borla does not normally = quiet I do have an electric cutout on it and it was closed at that time ? It's nice to know that from the outside it's not too loud when it's closed. That was the plan when I installed it

4. I haven't dyno'd since my cam install, but based on a run with a fellow WS6 owner who has dyno'd 391 rwhp, I am probably putting down about 400 rwhp n/a + I've got a 100 shot of nitrous on it "just in case"

5. Go here to read about the outcome of a race with a stock '03 Cobra that same day. There's starting to be alot of you guys around ! lol !

6. REDO REDO REDO REDO
Old 06-20-2005, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

this is what soome guy on svt put

Getting Education

Posts: 892 Nice kill even lightly modded those cars arent very impressive. Depending on the year he could have between 280-320 rwhp stock. Oh and I would put money on it that he wasnt stock.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Oh yeah and it's openroadracing.com
Old 06-20-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

I think it's freakin' awesome that you're up here. Yeah, we need to do this for real soon. So, I take it you didn't go when I did? No problem, we can do again out in the country when we don't have some little Ricer ****** in a truck riding our asses. It seemed quiet compared to the loud assed Stingers on mine. My toy's going in for a tranny this week (finally) so I'll be sad and slow for about a week. That is one GORGEOUS car though.

Last edited by CharlieCobra03; 06-20-2005 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
I guess he was stock...
Ouch...that one stings when you're car is modded.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
I think it's freakin' awesome that you're up here.
You too ! I usually don't get much action around here at all. The last 2 days have been totally crazy though. 3 races for me in 24 hrs, almost 4 ( you )

Yeah, we need to do this for real soon.So, I take it you didn't go when I did? No problem, we can do again out in the country when we don't have some little Ricer ****** in a truck riding our asses.
I know a spot No I didn't go. I started to and instantly started spinning in 1st, I then started to shift to 2nd, but noticed you were already on the traffic in your lane ( this is when you shifted over into my lane ) at this point I decided that traffic wasn't going to cooperate and I just leisurely put it in 3rd and cruised. I've got a fairly stiff road racing suspension on the car since that's what I do with it so it doesn't hook at all on the street 2nd gear rolls work best for me.

It seemed quiet compared to the loud assed Stingers on mine. My toy's going in for a tranny this week (finally) so I'll be sad and slow for about a week. That is one GORGEOUS car though.
You were in front of me everytime I jumped on it so probably couldn't hear it over your own car, which sounded awesome BTW My Borla was completely closed so it's fairly civil at that setting, however at the flip of a switch ! .................. It's funny your's is going in for tranny work and I need to put a clutch in mine. I can't shift at all over 6000 rpm because my clutch pedal just falls to the floor. I should be shifting at about 6800 rpm with the cam I'm running so I'm losing alot. I'm waiting for a good deal on a Ram Powergrip to throw in as we speak. Thanks for the props, your car is pretty sweet too ! Definitely am looking forward to running you. I'll probably just run you n/a, I'm sure you'll win the race with about 70 extra hp. You probably weigh a little more, but I think you've got the hp to cover it It'll be fun. You'll have to give me the hit

It's kind of funny, if you hadn't mentioned my openroadracig sticker I would have never known you were talking about me ! I'm one of a very few fbody people who ORR and probably the only one in the world who still has last years event sticker on his car haha ! Normally I HATE stickers, but I think that yellow looks kind of good on the NBM paint on my car .... so I left it. Once I re-read your story it begin to make sense to me. I can easily see how our versions would differ. It's hard to know what the other guy is thinking and why he's doing what he's doing
Old 06-20-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
Ouch...that one stings when you're car is modded.
Yeah no kidding lol ! Before I knew he was talking about me I was thinking *3 cars on an LS1 in the span it takes to run thru 2nd gear ? * Must be a shitty LS1 driver Then I read his description of my openroadracing sticker and a very small, slightly dim bulb begin to eminate a single birthday candle type of glow It's all good. It won't hurt too badly to lose to THAT car haha !

PS but it won't be 3 cars thru 2nd gear
Old 06-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Racehead
Yeah no kidding lol ! Before I knew he was talking about me I was thinking *3 cars on an LS1 in the span it takes to run thru 2nd gear ? * Must be a shitty LS1 driver Then I read his description of my openroadracing sticker and a very small, slightly dim bulb begin to eminate a single birthday candle type of glow It's all good. It won't hurt too badly to lose to THAT car haha !

PS but it won't be 3 cars thru 2nd gear
This is awesome. It's not too often where we hear from both parties involved.

Originally Posted by Racehead
Before I knew he was talking about me I was thinking 3 cars on an LS1 in the span it takes to run thru 2nd gear ? * Must be a shitty LS1 driver
Old 06-20-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I knew better than to go to first on that street. Even with the Mickeys on (which they weren't) I can't hook on that crap in first. I was surprised she hooked up that well in 2nd. I know a couple of places we can play too. I'll be behind the Ace hardware Friday after 10 pm but I'll be on the bike if it's dry.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep us posted.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

Oh, we won't run this weekend. His WS-6 would kill my poor fat metric cruiser but we will do it later when the cars are fixed. I'm sure we'll both post up the results, whatever they are.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Bring it to the track sometime We're all going on Friday, but if your car ain't fixed then that wouldn't work... I'd love to line up with at the drag strip, see how my lowly little cam only car with 80 less rwhp does against that Cobra... That car you got is a beast for sure!
Old 06-20-2005, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Charlie, are you the guy with the red snake that showed up at Quiznos in Monroe a couple months ago? That was a NICE Cobra!!! Have you taken her to the track yet? I know the Ford Drag Team needs help this year. Bring it down to one of the Car Club Challenge races. I'll race you for a beer.

Mark
Old 06-20-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

Nah Mark, I was in the Dark Shadow Gray one that showed up two months ago when myself and the guy in the Silver GT were so outnumbered by you LS-1 guys. When I get her back from the shop, I'll take ya up on that.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran

What strange alternate universe am I in where Mustang and F-Body people are getting along????? Did I finally get abducted by aliens as I have long suspected might happen?
Old 06-20-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottluver
What strange alternate universe am I in where Mustang and F-Body people are getting along????? Did I finally get abducted by aliens as I have long suspected might happen?
Mustangs suck! Now is that better!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Mustangs suck! Now is that better!
Whew....at least I know I am safe and home.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Old 06-20-2005, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Rice is the enemy nowadays.

Blame them for all the new drag laws sprouting up in our country.