Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noid problem!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noid problem!!!!!

I've never played with N2o before. Are my noids supposed to click when the system is activated?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Yup, it's normal.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by ws6nick
I've never played with N2o before. Are my noids supposed to click when the system is activated?
Activated or Armed. Sometimes these two get mixed up.
Arming and click is a nono.
Press the gas to the floor, with arming on and then clicking, cool.

Ricky
Old 06-20-2005, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Activated or Armed. Sometimes these two get mixed up.
Arming and click is a nono.
Press the gas to the floor, with arming on and then clicking, cool.

Ricky
Ya agreed. Is it clicking when you arm the system, or when its activated and spraying? You dont want them clicking when its just armed. Also, are you confusing the solenoid click with the relay click?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

So.... no click on activation. I have the NX three switch panel thing. And wasn't sure if I had everything hooked up correctley. I bought the kit used so I wasn't sure.

No, there is no click on activation.

Is there a way to test my noids with this three panel switch.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

Ok, you just totally lost me. Sorry.

Please try to explain more what you mean, in great detail.

No, there is no way to test it with that switch panel, there are other ways to test it, but lets skip that for now, and explain what you mean. Thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 02:01 PM
FormerVendor

How are you testing the system? Do you have a window switch? WOT switch or TPS switch?

So.... no click on activation. I have the NX three switch panel thing. And wasn't sure if I had everything hooked up correctley. I bought the kit used so I wasn't sure.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:34 PM

Let me know what are all the parts to your nitrous kits, and I will send you a drawing. Then we can go over the testing procedure.
Ricky
Old 06-20-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry for the confusion, I have the nos dry (5177 I think). I have not sprayed. Bottle is empty. Still have to change the sparkplugs. The system is hooked up and has power. A friend told my that you can hear the noids click. Im not sure if he ment on activation or armed. So I push the button on the switch pannel and hear no click while the system is armed. I just figured I should hear a click.
Thanks for the help people.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Sorry for the confusion, I have the nos dry (5177 I think). I have not sprayed. Bottle is empty. Still have to change the sparkplugs. The system is hooked up and has power. A friend told my that you can hear the noids click. Im not sure if he ment on activation or armed. So I push the button on the switch pannel and hear no click while the system is armed. I just figured I should hear a click.
If the main power switch is ON. You must hear the click sound of the solenoids exactly with empty Bottle or open lines.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Are you using a push button along with the arming switch (instead of a WOT switch)? With the system armed if you push down the WOT switch (or push button) the solenoids should click, unless you have a window switch installed or possibly a fuel pressure safety switch. With the window switch installed the system will only activate between the rmp band that you set the switch to. If you do have a window switch, bypass it and test again. If it still does not work with the window switch bypassed, or if you do not have a window switch, then it's a wiring issue.

Last edited by Matt@HSW; 06-20-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I am using the pushbutton not the WOT switch when the system is on. Dammint, no window switch, main power is on, No click .....hopefuly a wiring issue. Is there a posibility of the noid freezing up for some reason?

Thanks again everyone

Last edited by ws6nick; 06-20-2005 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

There is also a fuel pressure safety switch that is included in the kit(installed)<---This would not be the problem would it?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

There is also a fuel pressure safety switch that is included in the kit(installed)<---This would not be the problem would it?

Yes it would. All the items in the system have to be at a set value before they function. you can easily bypass that with a wire
Old 06-21-2005, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup, put a shorting wire across the FPSS and then give it a try.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also if you are turning it on all by yourself get someone to help you.Put your hand on the solenoid.Then get your buddy to activate it.If they are clicking you will feel it.Sometimes you can not hear them from inside the car.If that does not work double check wiring.If the wiring is right you will need to have your solenoid checked out.
Dave
Old 06-21-2005, 11:08 AM

Yes I am using the pushbutton not the WOT switch when the system is on. Dammint, no window switch, main power is on, No click .....hopefuly a wiring issue. Is there a posibility of the noid freezing up for some reason?

Thanks again everyone

Ok your terms are thowing some of us off a bit. But I think I gotcha.
You have an arming switch, (toggle switch)
a push button and a fpss.

With the (ARMING SWITCH) ARMED or in the on position. you should hear NO click.
Push the button. NO click.
REPEAT test with the 2 terminals jumped on you FPSS. YOU should hear a click.

If not you wiring is off.

You should have power to the toggle, then toggle to push button, push botton to the relay low amp side terminal 86. Relay to the battery power terminal 30, and relay to 1 wire on each noid terminal 87. OK thats the hot side of things.
Now the grounds. LOW amp side of relay coil 85, to the one side of you fpss, the other side of your fpss to a good ground. 2 remaining wires from your solenoid attach together to a good ground.
That is the ground side of things.

Check the wiring with a test light. Make sure you have power to the arming switch,from the arming switch to the push button and then to the relay. Jumping the fpss arm the system push the button and you should hear at least the relay click.

Instead of the WOT just put your push button there.

Let me know.

Ricky
Old 06-21-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ricky another nice drawing. What cad program are you using? I have the something Lite program with minimal knowledge. Sorry to get off track, so, there is a 5177 wiring diagram in the stickies above, might help in addition to Ricky's drawing.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice drawing!!! I didnt mean to leave you guys hanging, my connection was down a day and a half (my luck). Anyway, I did the bypass (shorting wire) and it clicked. So everything is almost all good. The system would still activate eventhough the system is not armed. Is this normal with the bypass testing method. I pretty sure the wiring is correct, its the switch that is throwing me off. Bastard switch!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:09 AM

Nice drawing!!! I didnt mean to leave you guys hanging, my connection was down a day and a half (my luck). Anyway, I did the bypass (shorting wire) and it clicked. So everything is almost all good. The system would still activate eventhough the system is not armed. Is this normal with the bypass testing method. I pretty sure the wiring is correct, its the switch that is throwing me off. Bastard switch!
If your system clicks with arming switch off. Now this is an asumption here that the system is activating at full throttle but not armed.
If this is the case. Things to check with a test light. The small wire going to your WOT or push button NON relay side. If it has power your toggle is junk or you have the wires on the connection and you are getting some feed across it. Now if there is no power there test the other wire and see if it has power, if it does your relay is sending power across to the 86 terminal.
there is definitly a wiring problem in the hen house.
Ricky