Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 st gear boggs when you power brake ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 st gear boggs when you power brake ?

I have a Yank 3200 and my trans was done by atd It works fine except for a couple things.
1. When In 1 st gear manually and you hold the brake and stomp it , It revs just a little and then seams to go into a limp mode . Has any one heard of this happening before ?
2. When I am crusing along and tap the brake the rpms fall way down and then the trans jurks a little then returns to normal.

Any help would be great thanks. Nyle
Old 06-20-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's called "abuse mode." The PCM knows what you are doing and is taking timing out.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CANXLR8
I have a Yank 3200 and my trans was done by atd It works fine except for a couple things.
1. When In 1 st gear manually and you hold the brake and stomp it , It revs just a little and then seams to go into a limp mode . Has any one heard of this happening before ?
2. When I am crusing along and tap the brake the rpms fall way down and then the trans jurks a little then returns to normal.

No wonder you could keep up with that blue vette, TC explains the low mph. Jeff
Old 06-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Know anyone with LS1 Edit or HP Tuners? You can have the evil GM "torque management" tuned out, and a few other things at the same time. (adjust shift points, check your air fuel ratio, etc. etc.) Good luck!!
Old 06-26-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the highway the converter locks up. When you tap the brakes, it unlocks.

Have you double checked your fluid level, changed the filter? A brake torque launch should not put the car into abuse mode.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Teching In

I just had the car tuned at Livernois , And it still does it. I'm going back in 3 weeks for a turbo install , So maybe they can fix it then. I hope after the turbo install I won't have to power brake it.

Blue vette ! I said I had a converter . It's my sons Z that don't. Hi Jeff.
Thanks.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Default Bog

I just had the car tuned at Livernois , And it still does it. I'm going back in 3 weeks for a turbo install , So maybe they can fix it then. I hope after the turbo install I won't have to power brake it.

Thanks.
Had the same thing happen to me with my Yank . I sent it out to be restalled . Make sure you tell them if it is N/A or turbo .
Old 06-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Thanks.
Guess, I missed that! Good seeing all you guys! Good luck with the turbo. Regards, Jeff