Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAC in HPTuners help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question IAC in HPTuners help.

I tried logging the IAC count, and IAC desired PIDs in HPTuners but no matter what, they are always 0. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ? I have never adjusted my idle screw or drilled my TB, I was just expecting to see some kind of values somewhere in my logs.

Also, I am trying to tune my VE table, I have heard that it takes about 100 miles or 50 minutes of driving for the LTFTs to relearn, so my question is will there be a sudden change, or will they gradually move closer to zero over that time?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 06-21-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know how to add stuff to the table display in hptuners right? After you adjust your ve table, reset your ltfts with the button on the scanner under vcm controls.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man i have the f13 cam with jantzer tb, you can use my idle setting and i bet that would help you out a lot, just have to open the TB up to .61 V, let me know and ill let you see it, if the jantzer tb stays consistent ill give you an effective area setting you wont need to mess with.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

P Mack, I added in IAC desired and IAC count in the table display, and they both read 0 the entire time, is there something else I'm supposed to do besides adding them to the table display? If I reset the LTFTs in the scanner after loading the new VE table should I see an immediate change in the LTFTs (ie. closer to zero)?

WS6FirebirdTA00, if you could email me that idle stuff, that would be great. My email is kbpowell@hotmail.com.

Thanks for the help guys ,
Kevin
Old 06-21-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it's possible your jantzer tb is screwing with things even if you haven't drilled or messed with the set screw. Try this, while idling open the scanner and go to vcm controls>special and increase the iac steps. That will tell you if your IAC is responding. Also try logging idle desired airflow and dynamic airflow, and see if desired airflow is much lower. Is it idling higher than it's supposed to?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

shoot me your config file to the email below (or a log file, both preferably)

Also what version of HPT are you running? (1.7 is latest, free download on the site)
Old 06-21-2005, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Ok, I figured out my LTFT problem (I missed the step about copying the primary VE table to the secondary VE table ).

For the idle stuff, the engine seems to idle slightly above the desired idle RPM, but not by much. I will try the IAC steps thing that P Mack suggested when I get home.

Horist, I am using V1.7. I will send you my config and log when I get home.

Thanks for the help again guys ,
Kevin
Old 06-21-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

ive got a post about how i set up my idle, the idle is great, i dont have the link about it but if you search for a post by me for effective area you may find it. i can send you my config as well when i get off work, that has all you need to tune the idle
Old 06-21-2005, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Ok, heres the update. I didn't know that you had to add the PID to the chart display before the PID would be logged. So the IAC stuff is taken care of, and the engine has a decient idle now, I can play with that some more later. I haven't started my VE tuning yet since I fixed the secondary VE table, but I think I have that all figured out.

Thanks for the help again guys!
Kevin

Quick Reply: IAC in HPTuners help.