Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

new zaino swirl remover

Old 06-21-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking new zaino swirl remover

i just got my new zaino swirl remover in today and i am totally amazed. i just wanted to give it a try by hand before i get my PC just to see how it works and this stuff is amazing. completely removed all of the minor surface scratches just rubbing by hand. i can just imagine how this stuff is going to work with the PC. i'll get some pics up as soon as i can to show the quality of this stuff. man, i am just totally amazed.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Where'd you get yours at? I hear great things about zaino products but can't find where to buy it anywhere!
Old 06-21-2005, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Is that the Z-5 your using?
Old 06-21-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyPkr_99
Where'd you get yours at? I hear great things about zaino products but can't find where to buy it anywhere!
www.zainostore.com. here's a couple of pics

before

after

the little specs in both of the pictures is just dust, but the second picture is by hand, rubbing for about 15-20 seconds.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NIGHTMAREWS.6
Is that the Z-5 your using?
nope, it's this http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=Z-PC.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

I just ordered some! impressive results! thanks for the pics
Old 06-21-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z28Kills
I just ordered some! impressive results! thanks for the pics
no problem! i know, those results are crazy from just hand polishing. you will definetly not be dissapointed.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Did you have water spots? If so, how effectively did it remove them?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this new swirl remover just a filler, or does it actually remove the swirls? I too own a black car, and am always on the look out for a good swirl remover
Old 06-21-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ulySSes
Did you have water spots? If so, how effectively did it remove them?
no water spots here. i just have a TON of swirl marks and this stuff took care of them like nothing that i have used before. i am also yet to do the whole car that was just one spot on my fender.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
Is this new swirl remover just a filler, or does it actually remove the swirls? I too own a black car, and am always on the look out for a good swirl remover
i'm pretty sure that it is an abrasive and not a filler. the paint in that area seems alot smoother than it did before, like it removed contaminents and such. the paint almost feels like it does after you claybar it.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
If the compound has a grit in it, then it is probably a remover, but I think zaino products are fillers. I could be wrong.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sleek silverado
If the compound has a grit in it, then it is probably a remover, but I think zaino products are fillers. I could be wrong.
that's what i thought too, so i checked their website from the link above and it says that it contains no fillers or oils. so i guess that it's an abrasive.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

I was wrong. It says it is a remover, not a filler.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also had a lot of swirl marks before, and it turned out that the swirls were from old wax that hadn't been removed. So, I did a stripping and rewaxed and all my swirls were gone. I used a strong concentration of dawn dish soap w/ warm water as the "stripper" You can check out the results in my post here....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/338332-turtle-wax-platinum-series-ultra-gloss.html

If you haven't done a "stripping" in a while, then you may just have a build up of old wax that needs to be removed. I would try this first, before any abrasives IMO. But I'm sure that stuff works wonders!

Regards,
Haans
Old 06-22-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Haans249
I also had a lot of swirl marks before, and it turned out that the swirls were from old wax that hadn't been removed. So, I did a stripping and rewaxed and all my swirls were gone. I used a strong concentration of dawn dish soap w/ warm water as the "stripper" You can check out the results in my post here....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338332

If you haven't done a "stripping" in a while, then you may just have a build up of old wax that needs to be removed. I would try this first, before any abrasives IMO. But I'm sure that stuff works wonders!

Regards,
Haans
wow, that stuff made your car look awesome! unfortunately for me all of my swirls are in the clear coat and not just wax build up. i do the wash with dawn and clay procedure at the beginning of every spring/summer, and still always had swirls until now. your car looks great though!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Damn that is pretty amazing. I'll have to give it a try, thanks for the 411.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Yes, this is a new abrasive swirl remover/paint cleaner product from Zaino. It actually removes defects and does no filling...what you see is what you get. The new product is meant to better complete the Zaino line by introducing a prep product and eliminate the need for a Dawn wash. It will remove any wax/sealant on the surface on the areas you use it, so there will be a need to reapply protection to those areas.

Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, that's amazing results with just a test by hand I might have to try some of this stuff. I have a bunch of swirls/scratches on my paint as well (hardly noticeable, but i see it) and I was thinking about trying something. Would this pan out better than ScratchX? Just wondering.

And by the way... I haven't done a "stripping" in a long time either... guess I haven't been drinking enough when I go out
Old 06-22-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Damn, that's amazing results with just a test by hand I might have to try some of this stuff. I have a bunch of swirls/scratches on my paint as well (hardly noticeable, but i see it) and I was thinking about trying something. Would this pan out better than ScratchX? Just wondering.

And by the way... I haven't done a "stripping" in a long time either... guess I haven't been drinking enough when I go out
no comparison to scratch x. this stuff, from what i've seen is in a league of it's own. me and a buddy of mine are doing his 97 TA right now. we will post pics when it is done. it is looking awesome so far. we just got done clay barring it and just started with the swirl remover. believe me when i tell you, his car is SCRATCHED and it is removing them like nothing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new zaino swirl remover