PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help! Hesitation when shifting! I think it is tuning related.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! Hesitation when shifting! I think it is tuning related.

So here is the story:
My car is having a severe hesitation problem when I shift quickly. As I let off the gas to shift, my engine goes extremely lean (16+ to 1) and stays there as I get back on the gas when I get to the next gear. The lean condition is causing the stumbling. Same lean condition occurs when the engine is revved with no load. Eventually, about 1 second later, the computer catches on, the mixture goes to normal (14.7 to 1), and the car pulls hard again. I am thinking that there is something that I need to adjust in my tuning. I just replaced the front O2's thinking that this might be the problem with no luck. I also tried a new MAF with no improvement. Car has 122,000 mi. and new TR-5's installed recently. LTFT are all negative. Problem seems to have started since a new Procharger plenum was installed which locates the outlet of the plenum closer to the MAF and throttle body. I mention this as the same plenum caused an issue with the MAF reading the proper incoming air which I think have been fixed by rotating the MAF. Other modifications are in signature. Please help. Car is stumbling severely and I am concerned about causing engine damage. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Search this Thread