Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous backfire

Old 06-21-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default nitrous backfire

I have a ls1 with 5.3 heads milled .020 .591 .569 lift cam. I was spraying a 75 shot dry did real good well i decided i needed more so now i am spraying a 100shot dry but i have dual walbro pumps inline and a fpr i have the fuel setup to run about 65psi spraying well it has been doing fine but i hit rev limitier and it backfired loud and shot a killer flame the guy i was running said it looked as if it went into his car. I have side pipes on my truck which this is where all this stuff is. Any suggestons why it does that. I know rev limiter isnt good. It didnt seem to hurt anything. What should i set the fuel pressure on at wide open throttle spraying 100 dry? I am spraying befroe the maf by the way. thanks for any help guys
Old 06-21-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you need a window switch.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by theblur98ss
Sounds like you need a window switch.
Hitting the rev limiter is what did it, just be glad it didn't do any damage. Get a window switch
Old 06-21-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Veteran

thats not really a nitrous backfire. Thats a plain old backfire....lol. Window sitch so you dont bounce the limiter for sure.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Hitting the rev limiter n/a is ok but something you don't want to do sprayin. Get a window switch. Cheap insurance.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All these guys are teeling you exactly what you need.
Here is why.
Our Rev Limiters cut fuel supply.So all the fuel system is great but the window switch will save your motor when hitting Rev Limiter.It will cut the nitrous off before hand.
We sell two Kinds.The MSD DIgital and the BMN Controller.The BMN uses turn ***** to set and has a first gear lock out option.This is great for traction issues one the street.
Dave
Old 06-22-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you hit limiter then deceled rapidly. It's like going down a steep hill and speed up, and then at same time decel and turn ign off, then on, you'll have a nice boom and flame. It can be so bad that you blow your mufflers apart (don't ask how I know), it's just a build up/left over fuel. Spiking your pressure up makes your injectors larger and should be re-tuned, as your probably running rich even off the juice. A better way to do it is use a reg like on a lt1 (like boost ref) and fuel schematic, then you only spike fuel press on the giggle gas.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

i am looking into the window switch about how much are they i have a turbo 350 will that matter? Also when not spraying if i hit the limiter it doesnt backfire. Just spraying. With the fuel pressure regulated with the vacume line at idle it sits about 60psi i believe and full throttle it is about 67psi. I do know it runs better off spray with the pressure the why i have it now then when it was always at 58psi. not sure why. I know i am running a lil rich cause it will throw some black smoke out. thanks guys for the help
Old 06-23-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

tranny won't matter and if you need a window switch i have an MSD window switch with a TON of pills for sale
Old 06-23-2005, 01:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
i am looking into the window switch about how much are they i have a turbo 350 will that matter? Also when not spraying if i hit the limiter it doesnt backfire. Just spraying. With the fuel pressure regulated with the vacume line at idle it sits about 60psi i believe and full throttle it is about 67psi. I do know it runs better off spray with the pressure the why i have it now then when it was always at 58psi. not sure why. I know i am running a lil rich cause it will throw some black smoke out. thanks guys for the help
If you are putting black smoke out the tail, your tune is off.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know i have a mail order tune. I richen it up some with the fpr cause i didnt want it to lean out. How do you want for the switch ramairstyle? thanks guys

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: nitrous backfire