Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need a new clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a new clutch

So I was driving my car to work this A.M. when the clutch took a **** . Any sugestions on a good clutch to replace the stock one. i have basic boltons and plan on doing heads and cam in the near future. I dont want to spend an arm and a leg either. I was looking at the spec clutches are these any good for a street aplication. Thanks..
Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Do a search. You will find a lot of information. I personally have had a number of challenges with SPEC clutches. But you will find that most clutches have had shall we say challenges.

I would not base my decision on price alone. What HP level are you at now, and where do you want to be? How important is stock like driveability? These are a few of the questions that will need to be answered.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Well the car is my daily driver now and will be for the next year and a half. I dont plan on going crazy yet i would like to run hi 12s for now. I am almost there. But i want some reliability as it is my daily car and at times i drive pretty hard. I want something that will last and not give me any problems. iv been reading on here about chatter and slipping but that is with stage 3 clutches. i think a stage 2 is ok for me. Is the SPEC clutch a good choice?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02blackws6bolton
Well the car is my daily driver now and will be for the next year and a half. I dont plan on going crazy yet i would like to run hi 12s for now. I am almost there. But i want some reliability as it is my daily car and at times i drive pretty hard. I want something that will last and not give me any problems. iv been reading on here about chatter and slipping but that is with stage 3 clutches. i think a stage 2 is ok for me. Is the SPEC clutch a good choice?

If that's your plan to run some high 12's, go with the zo6 clutch. I wouldn't go with spec, too many problems with their cluthes.
When you go heads/cam, then save your money and go with textralia.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Textralia here, and it feels like a stock one. I love it.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Teching In

can i get the z06 clutch from anywhere else than the dealer i have been looking online and have not found any Gm z06 clutch kits that look like genuine GM. Did the 02 F cars come with the zo6 clutch from the factory?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Talking

02Ws6.. i am in a similar situation.. i noticed that SLP has some replacement clutches that hold like the Z06.. try slponline.com
andyone have any experience with these clutches since i too am in need of one in the near future.

i have K&N FIPK, dual exhaust dyno about 340hp 340tq and use the car as a daily driver (and i do beat on it from time to time)

thanks,
Old 06-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Teching In

so i spoke to my friend who works at the dealer and he is gonna get me the z06 cluth and flywheel for about 350.00 plus 130.00 for install and i found out that the 01s and 02 came with the ls6 clutch which came on the z06. The stock clutch was great before i had to have my tranny rebuilt in the Fla keys and the ********* put it back together wrong.....so it broke again and had it fixed in orlando but the clutch was never the same. So the dealer is also gonna replace the slave on the car under warranty so i guess i am good to go....I ll let everyone know how it is. In the mean time i am carless untill saturday well thanks for the help everyone