Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was going NOS Dry 05177, now thinking Wet,,Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Was going NOS Dry 05177, now thinking Wet,,Opinions?

I was all ready to pull the trigger on a NOS 05177 Dry Kit. Easier hit (easy on the car) easy to install, but would likely require
(With my Beast) Larger Injectors and a Tune to Pull a few degrees of Timing.

I had an easy way to do that, but might be a bit harder in the near future. I am planning on going 100 shot MAX.

If I get a NX Wet Kit I still have to buy a few things like a Bottle Gauge and the few other things it doesn't come with, but then I can spray a 100 or less shot and not have to do any tuning or buy and install bigger injectors (30# was what I was going to get). Might just be easier in the long run. I knwo DRY is nice, but I have to do a few more things.

I was looking at a Nitrous Express GM GFI Wet Kit like this (either a 10 or 15 LB. Bottle):

(might just have to cut n paste this site into your web browser to see the video of it Maybe OverKill, but pretty cool :leaving:

(Could get a Gen X 2 Package , but might do it separate?)

If I do it separate, I might get the Following.

List of Goodies
NX Purge Kit
(or another Purge Kit, they have a Big One now called a Dyno Tune Master Blaster that shoots in the air like a Cannon)
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com
A Blow down tube
NX Panel switch (the one that fits like a champ in the ashtray)

NOS Pressure Gauge
Fuel Gauge (Do I need this????)
A Pillar Pod (Just a thought I am thinking about, maybe over kill)

Bottle Heater (Do I need one?)
MSD Window Switch
(Is there a better brand out, heard this one has trouble sometimes?)
I am also looking at this plate (can't find it now) but fits between the throttle body and intake and is a square plate that the Wet Lines get piped into so you don't have to cut into your air bridge and it gives a nice clean look.

Anything else I should do. is this a good idea. Robert is gonna Kill Me

The Bandit......................
Old 06-22-2005, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just started running the 5177 kit and really like it.....the hit is smooth and no surging issues that I hear about with the other "wet" kits. Iam running 42.5lb injectors and walbro 255lph fuel pump....cam only car M6.

1.) bottle heater....must have...
2.)remote guage......most bottle heaters use a thermostat to maintain bottle temp...but still at the top of my list
3.) purge.....easy way to let the pressure out of the line after your finished playing, and some say a must to get a "good" shot wright when you hit it. Looks cool too.

I think you would even need a tune on the wet shot since you have heads/higher compression just to be safe.

Thats my 2cents
Old 06-22-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah,,my mind isn't totally changed to wet, but I will definately need bigger injectors (was going to get the Ford SVO 30# Injectors) which is $$, then the tuning (which I will do either way), but wet might be easier than I thought.
The 5177 Kit is still a good choice, but it looks like I will need to do more to get it right and will cost to install injectors etc.

I am waitiing for you guys to give me opinions
Old 06-22-2005, 11:13 PM
FormerVendor

There are a lot of guys running the dry kit and loving it. Ask Robert56, he can help you out with anything you need to know about getting it working perfectly.

If you are thinking about going with a wet system I would highly suggest taking a look at Nitro Dave's "dual nozzle special" It comes with a lot of the extras that you are wanting and you could get the rest of the extras it doesn't come with and still come out cheaper than buying the single nozzle system with the genx-2 and the other extras you want. It will allow you to spray very little (below 100hp) or a lot (300hp).

Just a thought
Old 06-23-2005, 04:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had two 5177 kits and personally like the TNT better. If I was in the market now though for a kit, there would be no choice for me as I would do the NX MAF kit. Little pricy, but a damn nice kit.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can tell you this.We have alot of customers that started of DRY and swore buy it.UNTIL they switched to wet.With a wet system you will have less haasle and the car will produce more torque=better track times.
You can not go wrong with the NX kit.I have seen soem plates on the market but not one that I would trust(as of yet).Check out our dual nozzle special.
You can not go wrong with a NX kit.Let me know if I can help on your wet or dry system.
Thanks
Dave
Old 06-23-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't forget that the MAF kit includes the electronic TPS switch, which you want anyway, since you don't have a throttle cable.
And yes, a bottle heater is key, especially with a wet kit.
Descisions, descions, descions....
Old 06-23-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Started dry now moved on to direct port.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wet or dry the gas is the best bang for the buck. You could do a dry first stage (for tune) and then a wet 2nd stage, plenty of guys do this. At least your checking your opitions and making an informed decission.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Robert. A dry is nice on a Vette and makes good power, no denying that... However, in my particular case with having a heavily modded car that WILL need Bigger injectors, tuning, etc. I now am leaning toward the Wet Route to eleviate the cost of injectors and installation etc. and just to make things easier.

I know this sounds weak, but I might just do a 75 Wet Shot for now (a true 75 RWHP since it is Wet) and see how that goes. I already have a lot of HP and a TON of TQ as it stands on motor, so I am going to break somethign quick if i get too carried away too quickly. I am already on my 2nd stock tranny (under warranty ,,,,don't ask,,,long story) so that will be the 1st thing to go and I am not interested in spending $2-3K on a new one any time soon.

If I go WET (no direct port) I want to get something I have seen which is slightly simlar to a power ring, but it is square and only about 1/4" thick, and fits just in front of the intake, kinda bolted or wedged in between. just found it:

This way you can use that plate to insert and connect your Nitrous and Fuel Nozzle in that plate and not have to drill into the plastic air bridge.

I seena few pic on the Vette forum (can't find it now) but the guys all like them.

I am also looking a little now at a Direct Port NX Kit as well , they look pretty cool, but we will see.

Thanks

The Bandit..............................

Last edited by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit; 06-23-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check out my setup (NX Wet) on the link in my sig. I am running a 100 shot and am going to a 150/200 direct port the July 4th weekend. The single nozzle is fine, but personally I think the DP for 150 or bigger shots is safer. As far as dry goes, it is much simpler to setup and can't say I have heard much negative, but I guess I am on the wet side of the fence. Either one will work fine, just depends on what you "think" may cause a problem with either system most. A 75 wet shot will give you 75 RWHP, but the funny thing is with my Z06 I barely felt it! The 100 shot will let you know something is going on. You will see! Best of luck!!!

PS You can see the plate you mentioned on my setup.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thansk Wolf! I appreciate it. You gonna sell your NX Wet Kit, or just modify it.??
Old 06-23-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Already sold the 'noids forward stuff. Using the other components on the DP.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you do the install your self Wolfman Jack? or did a shop do it. Looks Great
Old 06-23-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Myself. The car was apart for about 10 days to install it how I wanted. My brother in racing, 02 Pewter LS1 and his Z28 took about the same time for his super clean install, so expect to put some time in. Both of us are a little **** on car stuff so actual times for installs will vary!
If you have any questions I will do my best to help.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Picky is good. I am a Picky SOb myself. Hel, I cover my car in the garage
Old 06-27-2005, 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

I am running a 5177 dry kit and like it alot. Was running it with a 100 shot in it with cam and hit OK then i put a bigger fuel system in it and pulled out the jets now i am in love with it. Huge difference from the 100shot to no jets. good luck
Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nasty Hawk
I am running a 5177 dry kit and like it alot. Was running it with a 100 shot in it with cam and hit OK then i put a bigger fuel system in it and pulled out the jets now i am in love with it. Huge difference from the 100shot to no jets. good luck
NO JETS!!!????? Wow!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Wow a 2005 Thread back from the dead

Search must be workin now
Old 05-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Banned

Sorry love the search button