Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

IPod with cassette adapter

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default IPod with cassette adapter

I just wanted to post up some pics of an IPod connected to the stock Monsoon system via the cassette adapter. If you do not have traction control on your Firebird the empty space was made for an IPod.

The sound is quite excellent and a compromise for those who do not want to hack into their stock deck.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Good idea. May I make a suggestion? If you take a few minutes to pull off the surround trim from around the radio and HVAC controls, then route the cassette adapter wire behind the trim, through the space behind the radio, down to the bottom of the dash, and back out to the pocket through the gap between the dash and the console then you'll have a cleaner looking installation because most of the wire won't be visible.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Good idea. May I make a suggestion? If you take a few minutes to pull off the surround trim from around the radio and HVAC controls, then route the cassette adapter wire behind the trim, through the space behind the radio, down to the bottom of the dash, and back out to the pocket through the gap between the dash and the console then you'll have a cleaner looking installation because most of the wire won't be visible.
It never occured for me to do that . I will try it. Thanks for the advice WhiteBird. Hey I see you are from Florida. I will be down near Tampa (Lithia) next week to visit my brother. We are going to see a NASCAR race .

Thanks again.