Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

had fun with a new gto today

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default had fun with a new gto today

i was comming back from just picking up my pin on hood from the paint shop after driving there hoodless and was just cruising along when i came up on a new gto, i waved and so did he as i eased on by. well we get a lil farther out of town to the open hwy and all of a sudden here he comes, lol. i messed with him a lil bit but i think he knew he had no chance in the beginning and surely after i droped it a few gears and lunged forward for a sec. looks like theres alot more ls1's around here than i thought
Old 06-23-2005, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you drive your car on the street? do you put all the interior back in after racing or what? thought you had a track only car.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
you drive your car on the street? do you put all the interior back in after racing or what? thought you had a track only car.
i race with the lightweight carpet and drag seats in the car usually, car always has all the pannels, dash and stuff. so all i do is bolt up the catback and change the tires to drive it. its to hot to race to ive been driving it for the past few weeks, breaking in the new gears and just enjoying cruising around.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Second Club

I hear that, still gotta be hot driving w/o a/c!! I would drop 10 lbs of water in an hour with this weather we have now, especially on the leather seats..
Old 06-23-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice. Was the GTO stock appearing, or was it modified?

Honestly, when I'm in the camaro, I don't try to **** around with other f-bods or GTO's. I don't see the point on beating up on brothers and sisters.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by z34_nut

Honestly, when I'm in the camaro, I don't try to **** around with other f-bods or GTO's. I don't see the point on beating up on brothers and sisters.
im pretty sure it was 100% stock, and he started it, lol, i was just having a good time, i didnt try to embarass him just play a lil which is obviouly what he was after anyway. i only made it up to 5grand
Old 06-23-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z34_nut

i always like to play with other camaros and t/a's...see how their car is running
Old 06-23-2005, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

I raced one a while ago. I killed him out the whole for a good 1/4 mile. After that he was gone. I could not catch him. Too much gear and not enough hP.