Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to quiet down my true duals, will Magnaflows do the trick?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to quiet down my true duals, will Magnaflows do the trick?

I LOVE the way my car sounds (LT's, 2.5" true duals dumped, bullet mufflers, F13 cam), but unfortunately my neighbors don't, especially when I leave my apartment at 8:30 in the morning (the echo between the buildings is pretty bad). I need to quiet the car down as much as possible. I'm thinking a muffler change should help quite a bit, I don't think those bullets do much for noise reduction anyways. I did a search and found a few people recommending XR-1's, but I don't want to spend that much money ($125 x 2). Any other 'cheaper' mufflers out there that will do the trick, without costing me much power? I'm open to any ideas, because my enighbors are really pissing me off (and no, I can't afford to move right now ), and I want to make sure and do it right the first time, thanks!
Old 06-24-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Any non-straight through type muffler would be quieter e.g. Magnaflow, Spintech, SlowMaster, Borla, etc.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Launching!

I have the same problem as you, I have LTs 3" td's and Dynomax bullets.i leave my house at 5:30a.m. I had this post up not too long ago and everyone told me to go with the sweet thunder mufflers.But I love my exhaust too much to change it so in the morning I either drive my truck or push the car out of the garage,down the street and around the corner,then start it and go.Don't you just love neighbors?!!

NEIGHBORS
Old 06-24-2005, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

what about the moroso spiral flows? They aren't stragitht thru, but they should fit where the bullets used to be, and are quieter then the bullets, and they are only $45 from Jeg's
Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue as you did. I know it is very expensive, but the XR-1's are awsome. You would be very happy with the results.