Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

EXt Cab thunderform box???'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXt Cab thunderform box???'s

I have a single thunderform box for under my right rear seat in my Silverado SS. I am very pleased with it considering it is an MTX 10" 4500 sub in there. I would like to get a little more out of it and was seeing if anyone ever switched out there thunderform with another sub and which ones will fit. MTX said that no other MTX subs will fit in there but I suspect that someone else makes one that possibly will and someone else has swapped them out before. Anyone??
Old 06-24-2005, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what changes in sound are you looking for? bare in mind that there is trade off's. i know a treo ssi will drop right in there, but you better put a true 1kw to it. it will come unglued and drop really low notes out of peanut sized sealed box, but the trade off is it is power hungry. the tsx rips and is more efficient, louder, but it's roll off is almost 1/2 an octave higher. like around 42hz -3db instead of 30hz -3db of the ssi 10. also, you will have to stiffen that enclosure to go upgrading. check out fullsizechevy.com, as trucks are the specialty there. if you can fab, the best deal would be to make a ported box under there. biggest gain for the least $.