Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burning plastic smell

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Burning plastic smell

I have a 99 form and when driving around, or after i get out i will smell a burning plastic smell. Ive never smelt anything like it. I thought it was something in exhaust but it hasnt gone away after a week. There are no plastic bags or anything caught up on my exhaust. The guy I bought it from cant find anything why. If anyone might have a clue please let me know.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

If there was a plastic bag caught on the exhaust at any time, you'll still smell the plastic burning every now and then. That crap doesn't seem to want to go away... Take a look at the pipes and see if you have any black goo hardened to 'em. If so, that could still be the smell. If you're positive that's not it, try walking around the car and see if you can narrow it down to a more specific area of the car. It might trigger some more ideas
Old 06-24-2005, 10:33 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by leftme4dead
I have a 99 form and when driving around, or after i get out i will smell a burning plastic smell. Ive never smelt anything like it. I thought it was something in exhaust but it hasnt gone away after a week. There are no plastic bags or anything caught up on my exhaust. The guy I bought it from cant find anything why. If anyone might have a clue please let me know.
do you have a magnaflow catback?
Old 06-25-2005, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
do you have a magnaflow catback?
i have slp loudmouth