Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

stutters

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stutters

this problem started about 2 months ago at about 50 mph my car starts to hesitate and stutter but then if i mash the pedal it works fine it seems to have something to do with the fuel...could it be the injectors or what do you guys think
Old 06-26-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mine was doing it today and a spark plug wire had come about halfway off on number 6 and i hadent noticed lol might want to check those
Old 07-05-2005, 08:26 AM
Launching!

I went through hell trying to figure out a similar problem. Plugs/Wires/O2s didn't solve the problem. Turned out that the guy I bought the car from had descreened the MAF and something had eventually poisoned it. New MAF made my car run like a champ again.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Im having this problem as well. what else is there to log besides the maf frequency and missfire to find the problem?
Old 07-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigBadWolf
I went through hell trying to figure out a similar problem. Plugs/Wires/O2s didn't solve the problem. Turned out that the guy I bought the car from had descreened the MAF and something had eventually poisoned it. New MAF made my car run like a champ again.

im very new to the car LT1/LS1 scene and cars in general so i was wondering what exactly is the MAF and how would i go about changing it? Should i take it to a mechanic or could my dad do it? And also how much would it cost.....Your input is greatly appriciated
Old 07-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Launching!

The MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) is what sits inbetween your air filter and intake. It monitors both the volume and temperature of the air coming into your intake. As for work, it is an easy change but you'll really need to have someone put a meter on it to see if it is fluctuating badly.

Are you running a paper air filter? Oiled filters like K&Ns and descreened MAF sensors don't mix well since the oil get's sucked in and poisons the sensors.

Go to this page and scroll down about half way.

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm

Do NOT buy an aftermarket MAF Sensor unless you plan on spending another $300-$500 to have the car tuned.

Last edited by BigBadWolf; 07-11-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dont mess with the MAF unless your gonna get it tuned.. It woulnt run any better..infact it will run worse with the aftermarket MAF w/o the tuning, since yoru car has a k&n filter which is oiled, dont run a maf that has descreened...