Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

FINALLY back on the move.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY back on the move.....

Well for the first time in 21 months, the car is on the road. 75 kms today.

After the last 10 months in the Caddy, it was quite a shock to get reaquainted with a less 'refined' experience.

Still have some to work to do. The Mcleod is not shimmed right. Freakin BRUTAL to get into reverse and shifts between gears are not as smooth and easy as they need to be for powershifting. I followed the insructions they gave me but......may have to make a trip to Ellis and throw him some moeny.

I had some ugly driveline shuddering at low load, low RPM. I think I need to get the pinion angle checked as well.

Also the secnd fan is not coming on so I plan on wiring the two fans to come on at the same time.

Always s**t that needs to be done, but its great being back. - not withstanding the fact that I need to get emmisiosn passed.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF is a kms ?
Old 06-25-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear it is running again! You may just need to bleed the Clutch a few more times to get it to clean up BTW. Just unbolt it at the trans and push the rod in all the way and hold it for a few seconds then SLOWLY release it. Do this three or four times and see what happens

The second fan should come on with the first. only on 93s did they actually run them one at a time. they just stepped both on the 94- setups Check for a bad fan or connection

Lets see that baby ripp!
Old 06-25-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Racehead
WTF is a kms ?
Kilometer

(pssssssst, he's from Canada)
Old 06-26-2005, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CTS-V!!! How well do you like it and have you had any rearend problems with it? I test drove one and would love to have this as the family car.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Teching In

I love the V car. Yes I get the wheel hop with spirited driving but so far the rear end has held up. Like the F-bodies though, put stickies on the back and its just a matter of time. Problem is, there is a not a performance alternative rear end. There ARE aftermarket solutions on the market now.

If you are interested in the V this is the board to hang out at.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...splay.php?f=98

of course this is not meant to be a drag car and as a "handeling car" it is FABULOUS.

Two thumbs up and I'd buy one again (although the new SRT8 makes the decision a lot harder. If only it had a stick shift....)

Quick Reply: FINALLY back on the move.....