Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch quick disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch quick disconnect

I am having trouble reconnecting the quick disconnect line to the slave. Is there any trick to this? I have very little space to push it in. Does it have to be perfectly aligned? How much force is necesary? Do you have to push the plastic sleeve back or forward? Does anyone have a picture of a what the connected line looks like?
Thanks for your help.
Pete
Old 06-26-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a fuel line quick disconnect set from Murrays or Autozone, like 5 bux, has about 6-7 sizes in it.

On my F-body and RX7(F-body connector) it was super simple, put the fuel line disconnect around it, push and pull on the body.

On my C5 it was a royal pain in the *** and took 2 of us to get it apart, even using the disconnect but the C5 has an exstension on it, with yours mounted to the trains it will be easier.

You need to depress the entire plastic circle, stretch one of the smaller disconnect pieces around the circle, push on it and pull on the line, it'll come right out.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Launching!

the easist way to do this is pull your tranny back out just a little, so there is no pressure in the slave and hook up the line and put tranny back in.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Crack the bleeder to relieve the pressure and it will push right in.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Regular

Default Thanks a million!

That makes sense. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I couldn't put it in gear from neutral but if I started it up in gear I could let the clutch out and the idle wouldn't even go down. I must have had in in part way enough to partially expand the slave but not enough to allow bleed back. When I pushed the clutch brake fluid would leak out through the bell housing.

Originally Posted by NB99Z
Crack the bleeder to relieve the pressure and it will push right in.