Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

07' Camaro Concept is sweet

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 07' Camaro Concept is sweet

My buddy just told me his dad showed him a picture of a concept for an 07 Camaro. Its retro like the 05 Mustangs! Let me tell you, in my opinion.........Its a damn fine looking car. I hope they stick to the older body lines! I'll have to keep my eye on this one!! I saved some pictures I got off the internet to my hard drive=, but don't know how to post them on here.........My apologies
Old 06-26-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You suck! What a tease this was.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

email them to jhansen@sccow.com and I'll host em for ya
Old 06-26-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hopefully they're not the horrible 3d renders that are several years old?
Old 06-26-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Hopefully they're not the horrible 3d renders that are several years old?
I would bet they are. That teenager that drew the car really made some waves with it....
Old 06-26-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont tell me That it looks like that???

If So I suggest you start looking at post in this form, www.Z38.com or www.Camaroz28.com for either Red planet or Fbodfather.

THE CAR WILL NOT BE RETRO
Old 06-26-2005, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ram-it
You suck! What a tease this was.
Damn..........Didn't mean to **** anyone off!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00Vette
My buddy just told me his dad showed him a picture of a concept for an 07 Camaro. Its retro like the 05 Mustangs! Let me tell you, in my opinion.........Its a damn fine looking car. I hope they stick to the older body lines! I'll have to keep my eye on this one!! I saved some pictures I got off the internet to my hard drive=, but don't know how to post them on here.........My apologies
It's not going to happen in 07. Gm killed future updates to the zeta platform to concentrate on their fullsize truck line. (yeah we don't have enough trucks in the world ) There is rumor of a unveiling of a prototype at the January auto show, but it wont be able to hit production by 07.

For there to be an 07 camaro gm would have to already have to have a prototype set in stone, be doing testing like crazy, and have a facility where it could accomodate building it. There are too many loose ends for 07.

If, IF we're lucky there will be a 2008 prototype but GM is in big trouble financially and I don't imagine they will try to unveil another camaro until they can calm their financial woes. especially when they have a beast of a car like the cobalt ss

Nate
Old 06-26-2005, 11:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
dont tell me That it looks like that???

If So I suggest you start looking at post in this form, www.Z38.com or www.Camaroz28.com for either Red planet or Fbodfather.

THE CAR WILL NOT BE RETRO
Did I **** in someones cheerios?........I just did a search on the internet for '2007 camaro pics' and gots some sites with pictures. I liked them and thought you all would too. I'll keep that kinda stuff to myself next time...............
Old 06-27-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did I **** in someones cheerios?........I just did a search on the internet for '2007 camaro pics' and gots some sites with pictures. I liked them and thought you all would too. I'll keep that kinda stuff to myself next time...............
Sorry, But there is alot of people going around swearing that the car is going to be retro which it is not going to be. Personally I like the concept but It wouldnt look right in real life.

The reason why I said do a search for Fbodfather is because he works for GM & was the Asst. Brand Manager for Camaro/ Corvette towards the end. & he was also the Brand Manager for Firebird.

No Dont keep it to yourself. I am sorry If I came off heavy handed.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by taufern
It's not going to happen in 07. Gm killed future updates to the zeta platform to concentrate on their fullsize truck line. (yeah we don't have enough trucks in the world ) There is rumor of a unveiling of a prototype at the January auto show, but it wont be able to hit production by 07.

For there to be an 07 camaro gm would have to already have to have a prototype set in stone, be doing testing like crazy, and have a facility where it could accomodate building it. There are too many loose ends for 07.

If, IF we're lucky there will be a 2008 prototype but GM is in big trouble financially and I don't imagine they will try to unveil another camaro until they can calm their financial woes. especially when they have a beast of a car like the cobalt ss

Nate
Nate you are sort of wrong on that point. They just brought back the Zeta light set up for the RWD Cars, Which is most likely going to be slated for the Camaro & possible the Firebird. With the drop in the Truck Market We may see the Camaro sooner than later.

Check out www.cheersandgears.com for information on any up & coming vehicles coming from GM
Old 06-27-2005, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to GMInsiders.com the Zeta platform is dead. Too much red ink within GM. The new platform GTO has been killed because of this. Zeta did not have multiple platforms. It was intended to be RWD. There is no way a new camaro will come out in 07 or anytime there in. When was the last time a new car was released without a prototype some 2 years before hand to guage public reception? Where is our prototype camaro? Ain't happening. To add insult to injury the Corvette is in serious jeopardy of leaving Chevy and going over to Cadillac or a new performance division for CTS-V, STS-V, LXR and Corvette.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cheers & Gears is also like GMinsiders both have people who work with in GM that are on the site.

Heres on artical from Cheers & Gears Zeta Lite

& Heres one from GM Insider Zeta

Plus I have extreme faith in Fbodfather when he says have faith about the Camaro. Believe me when I say There are some things that some people think they know that they dont really know. (may not make sense now but it will)
Old 06-27-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Automaker works on rear-wheel-drive platform for new generation of vehicles.

By Ed Garsten / The Detroit News

General Motors Corp. is working on a new rear-wheel-drive platform that could be the basis for a vehicle reminiscent of the departed Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird sport coupes.

"We're going to take another look at high performance rear-wheel drive," GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz said Tuesday at the Society of Automotive Engineers' 2005 World Congress.

In March, GM suspended plans to bring out a new generation of rear-wheel-drive vehicles for the North American market, citing uncompetitive costs.

The new platform -- known internally as Zeta -- served as the underpinnings for the popular Buick Velite concept car that debuted on the 2004 auto show circuit.

Jim Queen, GM vice president of global engineering, told The Detroit News in an interview this week that the automaker is now working on a rear-wheel-drive platform that would be more cost-effective, and could result in a Camaro-like vehicle.

"There's a Camaro hook in all of us," Queen said. "It may not be a Camaro, but there's a lot of us inside our company and outside our company that feel very passionate about it."

Queen said the new platform, or architecture, could be some form of Zeta or the Sigma rear-wheel-drive architecture used by Cadillac's new rear-wheel-drive sedans and crossover.

"It's going to be something I sort of call Zeta-light," Lutz said.

The Camaro and its twin, the Pontiac Firebird, were favorites of young drivers who loved tooling around in a powerful, muscle car at a moderate price.

But the cars fell from favor in the late 1990s as young consumers shifted to sport utility vehicles and front-wheel drive passenger cars and production ended in 2002.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Automaker works on rear-wheel-drive platform for new generation of vehicles.

By Ed Garsten / The Detroit News

General Motors Corp. is working on a new rear-wheel-drive platform that could be the basis for a vehicle reminiscent of the departed Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird sport coupes.

"We're going to take another look at high performance rear-wheel drive," GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz said Tuesday at the Society of Automotive Engineers' 2005 World Congress.

In March, GM suspended plans to bring out a new generation of rear-wheel-drive vehicles for the North American market, citing uncompetitive costs.

The new platform -- known internally as Zeta -- served as the underpinnings for the popular Buick Velite concept car that debuted on the 2004 auto show circuit.

Jim Queen, GM vice president of global engineering, told The Detroit News in an interview this week that the automaker is now working on a rear-wheel-drive platform that would be more cost-effective, and could result in a Camaro-like vehicle.

"There's a Camaro hook in all of us," Queen said. "It may not be a Camaro, but there's a lot of us inside our company and outside our company that feel very passionate about it."

Queen said the new platform, or architecture, could be some form of Zeta or the Sigma rear-wheel-drive architecture used by Cadillac's new rear-wheel-drive sedans and crossover.

"It's going to be something I sort of call Zeta-light," Lutz said.

The Camaro and its twin, the Pontiac Firebird, were favorites of young drivers who loved tooling around in a powerful, muscle car at a moderate price.

But the cars fell from favor in the late 1990s as young consumers shifted to sport utility vehicles and front-wheel drive passenger cars and production ended in 2002.

Zeta has been killed because of the reason that GM can not affordably compete on a pony car level with mustang. Zeta was intended for cts-v, xlr and a few other buick platforms with 35k+ price tags. It's not economical for them to produce in a rwd muscle car.

If the camaro is built it will be on a Sigma or kappa based platform. The article you're quoting was written in late january when bob lutz was at his former position at GM and not in his current (world marketing or some bullshit).

There is talk among the GM crowd of an "engineering exercise" at the January auto show, but I doubt they will call it a camaro. There is video of Scott Settlemire claiming a camaro within "the next three years" which would lead me to believe late 2008 as prototypes haven't even been made yet.

All in all it's just one hoax after the next and i personally wont believe it until I test drive one.

Nate
Old 06-27-2005, 04:18 AM
Launching!

It's funny this thread was started. I was talking to a guy at a get together saturday night and he works for GM. He was telling me about a red and black prototype they had showed him of the '07 camaro. I had seen the drawing months ago, along with other "drawings." Come to find out, he is employed by GM, he refills the vending machines. I did see the video claiming a new camaro in the next three years, but that is a hell of a lot of time away.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

All links on the better forums of Scotts video have been taken off because it could get him fired. I tend to trust him. he was here last Aug & side steped all questions on the camaro but stating one thing " have faith"
Old 06-27-2005, 04:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99BLACKBIRD
It's funny this thread was started. I was talking to a guy at a get together saturday night and he works for GM. He was telling me about a red and black prototype they had showed him of the '07 camaro. I had seen the drawing months ago, along with other "drawings." Come to find out, he is employed by GM, he refills the vending machines. I did see the video claiming a new camaro in the next three years, but that is a hell of a lot of time away.
The Guy I know Doesnt fill Vending Machines............ Well maybe the coffee ones with quarters lol. (damn that reminds me I have to go buy Seattles Best ( I mean worst) Coffee for the next time he comes out. He is one of the upper guys. hell its Scott himself lol.
I have pics of him & me (him cooking & me doing dishes) last summer
Old 06-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Nahh, no worries dude. Take everything here with a grain of salt. I enjoy looking at the retro stuff and I hadn't seen the red and black one before. Looks pretty cool to me. Some people here have their undies all bunched up and need to relax a bit.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rokko
Nahh, no worries dude. Take everything here with a grain of salt. I enjoy looking at the retro stuff and I hadn't seen the red and black one before. Looks pretty cool to me. Some people here have their undies all bunched up and need to relax a bit.
I e-mailed more (different) pictures to rookiels1. He was suposed to post them. I like the pictures a whole lot. Don't know if they are really gonna stick with the style or not.......But I hope they do. I might just have to sell my Vette......................

Quick Reply: 07' Camaro Concept is sweet