Cory has a new ride.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cory has a new ride.....

Well........

Cory is GTO-less in Seattle......

However, he is now a proud papa of a CTSV.....

Bastard........ I need to go get drunk I'v got envy issues

Jimbob
Old 06-26-2005, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

CTSV that is one nice ride. Glad we finally got one on the board.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a car!! I loved the one I drove down 167 and back. Had a chance to play with a 00 Cobra. No contest. If my wife could drive a manual one would be in my driveway now.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait till you guys hear Cory tell the WHOLE story

HE wanted one a while back :o

I can't wait to see it Cory!
Old 06-27-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks, guys. I didn't even get bent over too hard on the deal, either. At least half the sting disappeared on the way home. Nothing gets you over the last one like the next one

This is THE car I wanted in January after I got home. However, my then Fiance (now Wife) was having no part of any type of car with 4 doors (I was thinking ahead here and got a 4 door truck so we’d have at least one in the garage or driveway). Anyway, we knew the Firehawk was leaving but couldn't find something that really fit what we had in mind. The GTO was the next choice on my short list of two cars that I liked and wanted to own. Actually, the short list had the same two cars as the long list!

Well, we got the GTO and we both liked it a lot more than the F-body. More comfortable and more room inside but it wasn't really bigger overall. I even got her in to her first automatic in long time! But she really missed the 6-speed from the Firehawk. But she was also a bit jealous of the gadgetry in the H2 (it doesn't have THAT much really). She's got me trumped by a long ways now. The Navigation and XM radio have me thinking I need to retrofit the H2.

We could have kept the GTO... but then came the GM employee discount deal. It cut away all the BS second stickers and strict adherence to MSRP in the area. We were able to get one for 5-10k less than the stickers were in January. Granted, I had to lose some on the GTO but not as much as I saved on the CTS-V. We were actually able to get a little under invoice before using our GM card discount.

All things considered I’m very happy with the deal. I’d also highly recommend anyone looking at a Caddy talk to Vic at Bellevue Cadillac. He took us out and was ripping around then turned over the keys and told me to run it to redline a couple of times (we test drove a different car!) One time the only thing that saved me from hitting another car was the fact that the CTS-V has such good power that I was able to pull away from the car that was in my blind spot. Those window stickers suck. Anyway, Vic is one guy that knows why you are there and shows you what you came to see.

Teresa is happy and I’m happy. Stealth gray (really gray blue) is a great color on these. We optioned the ebony interior again, too. I’ve got damn near all I wanted vehicle wise.

By the way, 6th gear is VERY useable in this car. I used to be kind of annoyed with the Firehawk not being able to use 6th in traffic. Those days are long gone 
Old 06-27-2005, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
CTSV that is one nice ride. Glad we finally got one on the board.

What am I, chopped liver.

Just kidding. Its nice to have ANOTHER CTSV owner on the board. LOL

I like the stealth grey colour
Old 06-27-2005, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very Nice Cory! I wish i could have picked up the Goat but it was not in the cards right now To be honest the Closest four door in our price range right now is a Damn Dodge Charger WHAT is GM doing to us!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Very Nice Cory! I wish i could have picked up the Goat but it was not in the cards right now To be honest the Closest four door in our price range right now is a Damn Dodge Charger WHAT is GM doing to us!
I finally saw a commercial for the Charger last night... looks pretty cool. Might not be a bad car at all!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

Definitely a nice car Cory, it'd be pretty cool to have one running with us at the next CCC race Kinda bring a little class to the place ya know ? haha !
Old 06-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Congrats on your new car.