PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slight part throttle hesitation....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slight part throttle hesitation....

I've noticed recently a slight, hesitaion when accelerating sometimes. Idle is fine, constant speed is fine, WOT is fine. But sometimes, not always when getting on the throttle like 2000-3500 rpm range I can detect a slight hesitation. Any ideas? Plugs, wires, top end cleaners all recently done, fuel filter maybe 2 years old...some kinda tuning issue? Car has been tuned via LS1 Edit, car is a M6 with 60K.....LT's, 4:10's basic bolt-ons.....thanks.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would think it may be a VE tuning issue in that range
Old 06-28-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Log your timing as well. I found a section of my HO timing table that was dropping off the advance thereby causing a hesitation. Also check for KR.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check the EGR spark modifier table if you have EGR
removed; it may want to push more advance than the
engine likes and then over-compensate with KR. If
EGR is still there you may want to check the valve
for clean operation.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

I didn't do the tune....I had the tune done. So if I call them what do I tell them that actually needs to be checked? VE range? What's that? I know alot about cars, but not much about LS1 Edit....thanks!
Old 06-28-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you had someone tune your car they should know how to fix this or you need to get your money back cause they dont know how to tune

but just incase we will still help you out so you can set them strait
the ve, if it is off can cause odd feeling response in certain areas. jimmyblue brings up a good point as well. they need to scan the car to see what is going on, what the timing is compaired to the actual desired timing, if there is any kr, see how your fuel trims are, make sure you o2 sensors are operating right in those ranges, check for misfire. there is so much that can be checked and they should beable to do all this for you and take care of it in no time
Old 06-28-2005, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
if you had someone tune your car they should know how to fix this or you need to get your money back cause they dont know how to tune

but just incase we will still help you out so you can set them strait
the ve, if it is off can cause odd feeling response in certain areas. jimmyblue brings up a good point as well. they need to scan the car to see what is going on, what the timing is compaired to the actual desired timing, if there is any kr, see how your fuel trims are, make sure you o2 sensors are operating right in those ranges, check for misfire. there is so much that can be checked and they should beable to do all this for you and take care of it in no time

thanks dude, I'll have to give them a call....it's SOOOOOO slight I hope they can find it though?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

i know how it feels man i can tell everything in my car and i hate it sometimes. i try to get it sooo perfect it takes me so long to tune sometimes, plus not having my license for the time being sucks too
Old 06-29-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
I have the exact same problem after a tune from FBody Central in MD. They told me it was the suspension!!!!

Obviously they don't know what they're doing!!!

Let me know what happens, I need to get this fixed too!

What may have caused this is messing around in the MAF table. Tell them to put it back to stock if you still have the stock MAF.

EDIT/UPDATE: I took my car back to FBody Central and told them to put my computer back to stock and retune it. They did a wonderful job on the tune this time around. I'll feel a lot less apprehensive about going there now.

Last edited by Xtnct00WS6; 09-12-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

given that everything else is healthy, i'd bump up some timing down low. the car can take a lot more at partial throttle/lower rpm, and it really picks up for 'around town' fun. i just added 5 degs beween 2-3.5krpm and it's much more fun of a daily driver now.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Thumbs up

I also can feel the hesitation when in slight deceleration in that rpm range.Thanks for the info