Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it worth it

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default is it worth it

is it worth it for me to go ahead now and switch out my SLP longtubes for the pacesetter coated headers or should i save up for the QTP's. i know most people love the stainless headers, but i am just sick of scraping my SLP's on everything and want them gone. My rear is def. first on the list though, so is it really worth it to wait for the QTP's.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I switched mine out for grotyohanns (sp?). I was tired of how low they were. I saw a little improvement on the dyno but saw no discernible improvement at the track. They are way better on the street. I don't think about it anymore.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

i guess what im really trying to say is that should i wait for a while to get stainless headers after i buy my rearend, or should i get pacesetters soon while they have GP's on them. i wish i could do the QTP GP now but i have to save the $$. what do you guys think?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

You probably won't see much of a power difference so the decision just comes down to do the SLP's bother you that much? If the low hanging SLP's get on your nerves then drop the coin for the Pacesetters. If your car is a weekend toy and the SLP's don't really bother you that much then just wait to get the QTP's.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

the car is a daiy driver and it is also lowered so herein u see my problem. i think the pacesetters are a good deal i just dont want to have to replace them anytime soon due to rust or anything. they are a quality piece correct? also im gonna have to get my duals matched up to the new headers and i was curious as to which header has similar angles off the collecters to the way the SLP's come out?
Old 06-28-2005, 02:29 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

The Pacesetters are very nice headers. But they will rust eventually, if you go in and polish them up every once in a while they should last you a long time. Its only cosmetic as well, I doubt that they will rust all the way though. So they will outlast the life of your car.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default grotts

Originally Posted by CATCH ME
is it worth it for me to go ahead now and switch out my SLP longtubes for the pacesetter coated headers or should i save up for the QTP's. i know most people love the stainless headers, but i am just sick of scraping my SLP's on everything and want them gone. My rear is def. first on the list though, so is it really worth it to wait for the QTP's.
I bought QTPs, it took many months to get them and they were damaged when i got them and the welding was not even finished. Then the fit was terrible on the pass side," had to notch the k member half an inch", when i called them they said they changed the jigs and the design was changed, and they would only replace one of them, so i decided to weld it myself and fix the damage and notch the k member. If i had it to do over again i would do kooks, its the same header design, and they are a company that is not as small, and can afford to be honest, and you dont have to wait long. A friend of mine ordered kooks and only waited 7 days to his door. The grott design is what you would want, but go with a more reputable company.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Save up for the QTPs. I was in a rush and bought a set of Hookers because I didn't have the money for the QTPs and now I'm wishing I saved up some money.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:24 PM

Get Kooks.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends how long you'd have to wait to be able to afford the stainless headers, and if having rust on the lower portions of your headers bothers you. You won't be forced to replace the pacesetters due to rust, it's not like they will rust through. Get them coated and they will look fine from the under the hood.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 PM
FormerVendor

Longtubes are Longtubes, you wont see any justifiable difference in performance between the most expensive LT's and the least expensive LT's.....Go with the Pacesetters, save the money, and spend it on other mods that are needed to complete your goals with the car

We have tons of Pacesetter coated LT's in stock and ready to go!! Look on our website or shoot me a PM for pricing!!

-Zach
Old 06-29-2005, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

cool thanks guy...im not trying to make more power, what im trying to do is stop from dragging my headers on the ground. its how low the damn SLP's are that bothers me not how much power they make. anyone have any idea about the angle of the collecters on pacesetters and SLP's. similar? or very different?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
FormerVendor

Pacesetters have excellent clearance